What's new

Time for a Change from Old School

I’m still a huge Browning fan. My A5, Citoris, and BPS are excellent examples of the shotgun art. Since the day I picked up my Montefeltro however, things took a turn.

I don't like pumps or semis for shotguns, so all I have is a dirty cheap single shot. What I wish I could find was a really good quality lever action 12ga, but all I can ever find are the nasty pump-to-lever conversions or cheap 1889 replicas.

I want something more akin to a Browning BLR in terms of quality.

OK et al:

Re moving to a semi auto from the tried and true Rem 870/Moss 500-590 pump platforms:

Beretta has moved past the 1201 to the 1301 which is supposed to everything the 1201 is only better in every way. There is is a monster thread re the platform on pistol forum.

Literally soup to nuts re running it stock, to add ons re mag tubes, rails, sights, lights, slings, magpul stock which is supposed to mitigate recoil etc.

FWIW.

I don't like pumps or semis for shotguns, so all I have is a dirty cheap single shot. What I wish I could find was a really good quality lever action 12ga, but all I can ever find are the nasty pump-to-lever conversions or cheap 1889 replicas.

I want something more akin to a Browning BLR in terms of quality.

You'll have to get on the list, but Chiappa makes a fine product. Landor & Taylor I would have to research.
Lever 12 gauges

You'll have to get on the list, but Chiappa makes a fine product. Landor & Taylor I would have to research.
Lever 12 gauges
The Landor one on that page is 100% one of the cheapo pump-to-lever conversions. The dead giveaway is the stamped metal bar that attaches the lever handle to the internals of the action.
As for Chiappa, after some bad experiences with their firearms, never again.

Top Bottom