What's new

Tiger Week Starts the 16th of August.

Shave 6
Tiger Platinum
Razor: Merkur Progress @3
Soap: Williams
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2
Aftershave: Maggard Razors Lilac

No drama, no claws, just a purring little kitty. [emoji197] was great, just like Tony the Tiger.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Blade: Tiger Platinum #1
Razor: Merkur 1904
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Arcane Abyss
Aftershave: Gillette CoolWave
Very nice smooth 3 pass shave, the tiger didn't bite or claw at all this time, although maybe the super mild 1904 tamed it a little. Also, the blade was fairly efficient since I had like 4 days growth.

Blade: Tiger Platinum #1
Razor: Merkur 1904
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Arcane Abyss
Aftershave: Gillette CoolWave
Very nice smooth 3 pass shave, the tiger didn't bite or claw at all this time, although maybe the super mild 1904 tamed it a little. Also, the blade was fairly efficient since I had like 4 days growth.
Glad to hear you had a good shave.
Yes, that Merkur is terribly mild. I have it, but I'd rather use any of the mildest Techs.

It's no longer officially Tiger Week, but I had a third shave with the Tiger Platinum today. Most Platinum blades I've tried previously sharpen up on the second and third shave but that doesn't seem to be the case with this blade. Bit of irritation today which I often get with duller blades so it looks like this blade should have been a 2 and done blade for me!

Well, it is Monday and I would like to thank all the members who took part in the first B&B Tiger week. Some of you were bitten, some were clawed.

Obviously Tigers are not that popular. They aren't widely available and another reason for that in my opinion is the Platinum is below par. Buy some Superiors for next August.

Well, it is Monday and I would like to thank all the members who took part in the first B&B Tiger week. Some of you were bitten, some were clawed.

Obviously Tigers are not that popular. They aren't widely available and another reason for that in my opinion is the Platinum is below par. Buy some Superiors for next August.
Thanks for organising @ivan_101, based on the Platinum results, maybe a Superior September is in order?

Thanks for organising @ivan_101, based on the Platinum results, maybe a Superior September is in order?
Superior September? That would mean Tiger Superior, Astra Superior Stainless And Astra Superior Platinum are eligible.
But on the other hand, shaving with the same blade (or 3) for a month. Nah. I haven't gone completely mad (yet). :biggrin1:
I have an idea for a blade week. We will see if it is going to happen.

Addendum: 3rd shave with the Tiger Platinum - barely CCS
I binned it today as it started to skip and tug by the end of the first pass. The remainder of the shave was a chore. All in all not the right blade for me.
8EF9CCDA-7F1C-48D1-BBE1-D79599CCD090.jpeg

Razor: Gillette 1966 Slim Adjustable
Blade
: Tiger Platinum (3)
Brush: Yaqi - Mountain Lake (Caravel Arctic)
Pre-Shave: Refresh Botanicals - Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street (sensitive skin)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
63FDDAB6-A2CD-4BD1-8F7E-455FA6E39C6B.jpeg

I know Tiger week is over, but I always use my DE blades three times, so I had one left over.

3 days ago I got the idea for a new week in September. I wonder how I didn't get the idea earlier. A 7 o'clock week. To me it is so obvious we should have one. I am pretty sure we'll get to more than 30 pages as there are so many 7 o'clock users. What do you think?

I have a couple somewhere but for whatever reasons they didn't stick in my mind.

I know I had high hopes for the Indian Black Ninja but somehow I was dissapointed.

I'll check my jounal and my stash...

3 days ago I got the idea for a new week in September. I wonder how I didn't get the idea earlier. A 7 o'clock week. To me it is so obvious we should have one. I am pretty sure we'll get to more than 30 pages as there are so many 7 o'clock users. What do you think?
In which order would you test them? I have PPI and Indian
IMG_0601.jpg

In which order would you test them? I have PPI and Indian
View attachment 1316490
Hannes, I don't need to test them. I have all four currently manufactured and have been using them in numerous razors for decades. The idea is to use only 7 o'clock blades of any model for a full week. As you know part-timers are also welcome.
As for the Indian Super Platinums. They shine in very aggressive razors if you have heavy beard. In my case even with the Slim or the Super Adjustable @9 they tug, especially on shave #1.

Hannes, I don't need to test them. I have all four currently manufactured and have been using them in numerous razors for decades. The idea is to use only 7 o'clock blades of any model for a full week. As you know part-timers are also welcome.
As for the Indian Super Platinums. They shine in very aggressive razors if you have heavy beard. In my case even with the Slim or the Super Adjustable @9 they tug, especially on shave #1.
Then I’m in with a Sharp Edge and Super Platinum.

I am thinking about starting date currently. Actually 30th August seems good to me. Most members have a 7 o'clock blade at hand, so probably no need to give 10-15 days for buying.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hey! I FINALLY shaved today, and I FINALLY used the Tiger blade. Use number 4, BBS two pass shave in my birth quarter Tech. Pics to follow.

The Tiger is one of the most underrated blades that I know of. Lovely shave, irritation free, and I was NOT careful with it!

I felt like Buck Owens with that thing I had by the tail! True story doggone!

Top Bottom