What's new

TIGER WEEK STARTS the 15th of AUGUST

Last shave of the week and I’m glad about it. The Tiger Superior started again tugging on the second shave quite awfully. I will use the remaining blades as one and done in my Eco and then will not think about them anymore. For next year it will be either Minora stainless or one of the other available feline blades.

B4EB0F00-EA8B-4892-A00D-77DE335AC5B2.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Is that your house or a neighbor? Lightning or wind?
Close call on those bird feeders.
A neighbor, about a 1/4 mile down the road. Power returned at around 2am, which was nice.

I've become used to having hot coffee in the AM for the last the last 50 years!

Edit: I believe it was just a burst of wind. But just after the winds stopped I heard a loud crack of lightening, but I think it was further away than that.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Tiger Week shave#7
IMG_20220821_133805~2.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Tiger Superior Stainless(3)
Soap: ZM Explorer
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze

Tonight I went for ZM Explorer, a favourite soap at the moment with a great scent and an excellent post shave feel. I also changed to the R94, my favourite razor, to see how it performs with the Tiger blades.
As it turns out the R94 performed really well and the SS blade was actually comfortable it produced an excellent shave with a near BBS finish. Tomorrow I will have a final Tiger shave.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Tiger Week shave#7
View attachment 1509115

Tonight I went for ZM Explorer, a favourite soap at the moment with a great scent and an excellent post shave feel. I also changed to the R94, my favourite razor, to see how it performs with the Tiger blades.
As it turns out the R94 performed really well and the SS blade was actually comfortable it produced an excellent shave with a near BBS finish. Tomorrow I will have a final Tiger shave.
Nice brush, Mike. If only it smelled of the cascading, joyous, splendid, rapturous scent of Arko.

FarmerTan

Tiger Week shave#7
View attachment 1509115

Beautiful brush!

Mike M

Tiger Week
IMG_20220821_133723~2.jpg

Blade: Tiger Platinum(3)
Soap: MdC Original
Brush: Muhle Kosmo with Bog Oak handle

Tonight just for a bit of a change and because it's MdC Monday I picked up the MdC Original. To apply it I chose my favourite face lathering brush, the Kosmo. It was a pleasure to apply the lather.
The Rocca is the best razor with these blades, the Platinum felt much smoother and gave me a much closer shave, leaving me with a BBS. The shave was a big improvement again on previous shaves.

Mike M

Fifth use, I think, of this blade. But notice the date of the last two uses!
I just used to put a pencil dot on the wrapper to show how many times the blade had been used, then I started getting close to thirty shaves and it started getting difficult to keep track so I didn't bother then the Schick blade made a mockery of any attempt to count the shaves. After 2 months of shaves with it it's taking a well deserved holiday.

FarmerTan

I just used to put a pencil dot on the wrapper to show how many times the blade had been used, then I started getting close to thirty shaves and it started getting difficult to keep track so I didn't bother then the Schick blade made a mockery of any attempt to count the shaves. After 2 months of shaves with it it's taking a well deserved holiday.
Brother, trust me on this, as this is the first time I have ever told this lie: my scientifical research into the healing powers of Arko will DOUBLE the effective use of Schick blades. True story doggone!

Top Bottom