What's new

TIGER WEEK STARTS the 15th of AUGUST

Soap - Italian Barber Amici
Brush - Omega 24mm boar
Razor - RazoRock GC68-P
Blades - Lamix Platinum Plus (3)
- Tiger Carbon Steel (2)
Aftershave - Aqua Velva

Funny thing happened during this shave. Started off with the Tiger carbon. About 3/4 done with first pass, rinsed razor and as I was about to finish the pass I heard a snap. Kinda like when you snap a de blade in half but a lot louder. Disassembled the razor to find the Tiger snapped in two. Weird place for it to snap. Finished the shave with the Lamix blade for a DFS.
Will bin both blades.
That it's for me, Tiger week was awesome, had fun. Thanks @ivan_101 for hosting! Will be back next year with Tiger Platinum, grey box.
full

Brush - Omega 24mm boar
Razor - RazoRock GC68-P
- Tiger Carbon Steel (2)
Aftershave - Aqua Velva

Funny thing happened during this shave. Started off with the Tiger carbon. About 3/4 done with first pass, rinsed razor and as I was about to finish the pass I heard a snap. Kinda like when you snap a de blade in half but a lot louder. Disassembled the razor to find the Tiger snapped in two. Weird place for it to snap. Finished the shave with the Lamix blade for a DFS.
Will bin both blades.
That it's for me, Tiger week was awesome, had fun. Thanks @ivan_101 for hosting! Will be back next year with Tiger Platinum, grey box.
full
Those carbon Tigers are mainly made for sewing, not shaving. Czech blade SRO will tell you on their site "they are good for shaving and , around the home, as well as in industry." They were exported to South Africa for sewing businesses for a long time. A few years ago someone asked the company why they don't make Stainless Steel and they answered they had big enough markets for the carbons. Then 3-4 years ago they suddenly bought new equipment and started making stainless steel Tatras and Tigers.

Those carbon Tigers are mainly made for sewing, not shaving. Czech blade SRO will tell you on their site "they are good for shaving and , around the home, as well as in industry." They were exported to South Africa for sewing businesses for a long time. A few years ago someone asked the company why they don't make Stainless Steel and they answered they had big enough markets for the carbons. Then 3-4 years ago they suddenly bought new equipmen
Interesting history of the blades and company. I do have tucks of the Tatras and Tiger Platinums, just haven't used em yet. So what does everyone prefer the Tiger Superior or Platinum?

Interesting history of the blades and company. I do have tucks of the Tatras and Tiger Platinums, just haven't used em yet. So what does everyone prefer the Tiger Superior or Platinum?
There is no such thing as "everyone". Some users on the forum prefer the Platinum, some the Superior. And some love one of the two without having tried the other.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Brush - Omega 24mm boar
Razor - RazoRock GC68-P
- Tiger Carbon Steel (2)
Aftershave - Aqua Velva

Will bin both blades.
full
Perhaps you are like me, and because you are incredibly handsome faced the blades spontaneously break from the shock of your goodlookingness!*

*Yes, that's a werd. I looked it up in my own handwritten dikshunary.

My last shave of Tiger Week

Thanks to @ivan_101 for hosting.

Razor: RR Lupo 95 OC
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless
Brush: APShaveCo Synbad
Soap: A&E Spartacus
AS: RR Emperor

A great shave from a razor that imo punches well above it's priceclass.
Two passes and slight pickup under the jawline for an easy BBS/DFS.
Judges score 9.7/10

It's back to work for me; hope you all have a great weekend.

LupoOC_08202022.jpg

My last shave of Tiger Week

Thanks to @ivan_101 for hosting.

Razor: RR Lupo 95 OC
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless
Brush: APShaveCo Synbad
Soap: A&E Spartacus
AS: RR Emperor

A great shave from a razor that imo punches well above it's priceclass.
Two passes and slight pickup under the jawline for an easy BBS/DFS.
Judges score 9.7/10

It's back to work for me; hope you all have a great weekend.

View attachment 1508478
Did you strip the bottom or extra plated it? It looks gorgeous!

I only did a mix and match with my FOCS.

33C8E015-9E11-42B3-9551-8842C1DD5649.jpeg

I wasn’t even aware Tiger week was happening but I shaved with one today anyway: the unshaveable Tiger carbon.
5A554A2E-8E30-4804-A2C2-D123DE7BE6A8.jpeg

I wrote up the shave here. It was very amusing.

For those comparing it to Treets, there’s no comparison. I’m in the middle of a thread shaving with all the carbon Treets in several different razors, and none was anywhere near as dull as the Tiger. The only blade I’ve used that compares with the Tiger is the Tatra.

I wasn’t even aware Tiger week was happening but I shaved with one today anyway: the unshaveable Tiger carbon.
View attachment 1508480
I wrote up the shave here. It was very amusing.

For those comparing it to Treets, there’s no comparison. I’m in the middle of a thread shaving with all the carbon Treets in several different razors, and none was anywhere near as dull as the Tiger. The only blade I’ve used that compares with the Tiger is the Tatra.
Tatra and Tiger belong together so it seems reasonable :)

I like Treet Dura Sharps (yellow/red) which are coated carbon blades, I guess.

The well loved Black Beauties didn’t work for me at all.

Tatra and Tiger belong together so it seems reasonable :)

I like Treet Dura Sharps (yellow/red) which are coated carbon blades, I guess.

The well loved Black Beauties didn’t work for me at all.
I also had a good experience with the yellow Dura Sharps, but I’ve limited my trials to the blades in current production. (The yellows, while still widely available, don’t seem to be produced any longer.)

The black beauties didn’t do anything for me either, but they’re many times better than a Tiger!

20220818_132936.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1957 C2 Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Lion Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

I've completed the American version of the week, having started last Sunday, so I'm back to my usual starting tomorrow. I want to thank @ivan_101 for his sponsorship.

Happy shaves! Whiterook out.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Tiger Week
IMG_20220819_135639_1.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Tiger Platinum(2)
Soap: SV Opuntia
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with bog oak handle

Tonight it was the turn of the Tiger Platinum with the same setup as last night. For SV Saturday I chose Opuntia again as it goes with All Adventus August too.
The setup was fantastic again and offered all the elements of a great shave. The Plat blade whilst more comfortable than the Tiger SS seemed to be less sharp than the first shave with it and to get a near BBS I had to perform a touch up pass on my neck and there was a sting to my spritz of Kolonya. It may be that the Tiger blades are only good for a small number of shaves, but time will tell.

Interesting Shave

full

More tugging than cutting, pretty sure it was literally pulling out hairs. :ohmy:
First pass looked worse than I normally do in the morning after an evening shave. Second pass was like two passes in one, a real hack fest. I don't mind other blades of similar dullness, but what's the point of using these even?
Didn't feel much until I applied alum. Nope, these blades are still not a good match for my beard.

Interesting Shave

full

More tugging than cutting, pretty sure it was literally pulling out hairs. :ohmy:
First pass looked worse than I normally do in the morning after an evening shave. Second pass was like two passes in one, a real hack fest. I don't mind other blades of similar dullness, but what's the point of using these even?
Didn't feel much until I applied alum. Nope, these blades are still not a good match for my beard.

Is that the new Ti satin Blackbird I spy in your photo?

Top Bottom