What's new

Tiger Platinum (made in Czech Republic)

Just received them in my giant blade sampler. Bought one of every blade available from tryablade and razobladesclub (obviously omitting the overlaps.) Should be using the ol’ tiger in the coming months. Must say though, the Tiger 3H takes the cake for worst blade ever. Actually cracked in half and rusted after 2 shaves. Found out after the fact they’re not meant for shaving and man is it apparent! Horrid on a whole new level!

Just received them in my giant blade sampler. Bought one of every blade available from tryablade and razobladesclub (obviously omitting the overlaps.) Should be using the ol’ tiger in the coming months. Must say though, the Tiger 3H takes the cake for worst blade ever. Actually cracked in half and rusted after 2 shaves. Found out after the fact they’re not meant for shaving and man is it apparent! Horrid on a whole new level!
These definitely are so I’m sure it’ll be a better experience.

M

Member 113878

Good blade with almost no blade feel and close shave.
Among the best quality/price ratio today.

Razorbladesclub has them (and the old Tiger carbon steel jobbies too).
Tiger.jpg

Tried one of these tonight. Sharp and smooth on shave #1 in my GC 84

+1. I used one for the first time today in concert with the new B&M Nordost soap in a "ball end" Tech and am very, very impressed!! If it goes five shaves like this then it's 100 blade hanger worthy. :thumbsup:

+1. I used one for the first time today in concert with the new B&M Nordost soap in a "ball end" Tech and am very, very impressed!! If it goes five shaves like this then it's 100 blade hanger worthy. :thumbsup:

Good to hear. I ordered some from Maggards recently and I'm looking to trying them.

I just received a pack of Tiger Platinum blades in the mail. I will give them a try tomorrow morning and post my thoughts.
20191206_111852_resized.jpg

My first shave with the Tiger Platinum was very nice. I found it smooth and sharp and no tugging, weepers or nicks. I would say this blade was very close in performance to an Astra SP or a Gillette 7 o'clock green. Only one shave in, so its hard to pass judgement. I will use this blade for the rest of next week and then post again.

I got five excellent shaves out of the first blade. I decided to toss it as they are so cheap and I rarely go over 4- 5 shaves ever on any blade for that matter. :thumbsup:

Yesterday I was browsing at Maggards and bought a 100 of the Tiger blades along with 100 of my Astra SP and Dr. Harris Marlborough and Tabac soaps. Will be here Wed. I'll give the Tigers a try on Thur. morning and report back

Shaved with the Tiger Platinum blade this morning and was more than impressed. Egads this blade is not only sharp but super smooth. Did a hotwater washcloth beard soak, Dr. Harris Marlborough soap, E.J. Badger brush, Gillette Slim on 7, two pass shave with light touch up for a easy BBS. The shave was like shaving without a blade in the razor. Glade I bought 100.

Can you compare the Tiger to Astra SP, or Voskhod oder Personna Platinum?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

Can you compare the Tiger to Astra SP, or Voskhod oder Personna Platinum?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

For me the Astra SP is sharper and smoother and stays that way longer than the Tiger, the Voshkod is not as sharp (actually in my opinion, it is not a sharp blade at all and barely usable for me) as the Tiger but because of this smoother, the Personna Platinum is a little bit less sharp than the Tiger and similar in smoothness to the Tiger.

By the way am I the only one who thinks they overdid with the wax? I mean it's almost as bad as the GSB, the wax was even on the edge of the blade.

Tatra platinum and Tiger platinum sounds like great blades. Especially given the tradition, Astra blades originated in Czech republic as well.

By the way am I the only one who thinks they overdid with the wax?
Could you please share the pictures?
users of Tatra platinum claimed those blades have little wax. I thought it would be same here.
Packaging is pretty nice too. The boxes are a little thicker and nicer feeling than Russian Gillettes. Blades are double wrapped with very little wax but enough to hold the blades in place.
The Tatras seem a little sharper and a little smoother than Astra SP's to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom