What's new

Tiger Carbon Steel Blade

Got a sample blade from Razorbladesclub and I'm glad I didn't buy a bunch. Up to today, I've always been able to claim that I never had a blade I couldn't finish a shave with. Figgered a Czech carbon steel blade has got to be better than a Pakistani carbon steel blade ... but I figgered wrong.
Exceptionally tuggy and painful for first psas, I was able to complete a 4 pass left side shave. It would have passed for 2 pass shave with a better blade. I decided to strop it before doing the right side, but stropping had no effect. 2 strokes later, I pulled it outta the Krona and continued with the Treet New Edge I was swapping out at EOL.
Some contend that the Czechs only made industrial blades, but when it's clearly labeled as a: 'Safety Razor' blade, that's a clue it's not a window scraper.
Even Suzi proclaimed it: "Ruff, Ruff" - and she's a cat.
1023161500c.jpg

There was the idea previously that the Czech Blades carbon blades were not made for shaving (they're 3 whole carbon blades, which are definitely used for industrial purposes, are also marked "safety razor blades". Regardless, they've recently started (resumed) making excellent quality stainless blades for shaving.

They make the Tiger Platinum and Tiger Stainless, as well as Platinums under another brand called Tatra.
1597183876553.png

@ShaverAZ, I agree with you. I got them as a sample from buying some shave soaps and I'm glad they were free. They were rough and pulled, into the trash they went.

Top Bottom