What's new

Tiger Blades - anybody use these?

If they look new and are in a yellow box, they are actually Russian, unless they are over 14 years old...If they are in a red box, then they are from the Czech Republic, but are made for seamstress and tailor work , they are not for shaving....

Tiger is a ggggrrrrreeeaaaattttt (sorry, couldn't help myself) name for blades!! I've come into the possession of SuperMax Tiger SP blades, which are not too but have been replaced as SuperMax SP blades. They're well sealed and work excellent.

@WesternModern, if the blades are sealed well, they should be good to try!!

I want some of these in a bad way, but they're impossible to find...

Maggard has the Tiger Super Stainless and there's a Portuguese eBay seller that appears to have some slotted Tiger carbon steel blades. I picked up a box of 100 from the Portuguese seller and hopefully will have them within a week or so, and hopefully they're the slotted blades and not the 3-hole blades. I still want some of the Super Stainless blades though.

Tiger is a ggggrrrrreeeaaaattttt (sorry, couldn't help myself) name for blades!! I've come into the possession of SuperMax Tiger SP blades, which are not too but have been replaced as SuperMax SP blades. They're well sealed and work excellent.

@WesternModern, if the blades are sealed well, they should be good to try!!

+1 Grundi put me into the Tiger blades. They are my favorite. However are we talking about the same blades?
Pics......

If they look new and are in a yellow box, they are actually Russian, unless they are over 14 years old...If they are in a red box, then they are from the Czech Republic, but are made for seamstress and tailor work , they are not for shaving....

Thanks for clarifying!

Mine are the yellow box, bought from Maggards. I'm not very impressed; the first shave was okay, the second was so bad I had to switch to a Derby (that's right).

I have a tuck of the yellow stainless that I've not tried. The box says "Made in Czech Republic". They came from eBay.

A while ago I picked up a few of the red label 3-hole blades from Try-a-Blade. As @malocchio said, they are not for shaving.

czech blades.JPG

Top Bottom