What's new

Tiecrafters

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Yesterday, I received an email with UPS tracking info from Tiecrafters that the 4 ties sent on August 14th are enroute. :thumbup1:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
As always, everything meticulously packaged.
65DEF824-31CC-480D-B187-33F6F008A811.jpeg

I already like what I’m seeing. :yesnod:
D09AAF93-1C84-4A5C-9210-CFE97ADA9291.jpeg

BEFORE:

5FB1F1A2-693D-408B-92FB-78889034E34D.jpeg

AFTER:

6DA6F2EF-5585-4D3A-BD25-EF356FDCA112.jpeg

This is the seven-fold tie (which came out great) laying over a wider-patterned tie.

18A5762C-B3C3-486C-951E-85BA10FB2021.jpeg

I think the silhouette of these ties now would be acceptable no matter what the current style would be.

I have now had 8 ties cleaned and narrowed by Tiecrafters. They provide an outstanding service and do excellent work.

They will get another shipment from me soon. I am pleased with their work, not to mention that my tie collection has now been rejuvenated with an assortment of “brand new” old ties. :thumbup1: :biggrin:

Attachments

• 54F33FC1-F112-43C6-911A-5DE8982CA916.jpeg
    54F33FC1-F112-43C6-911A-5DE8982CA916.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
First dent in the armor. Today, I received 4 ties back from Tiecrafters. As with all the ties I have previously sent to Tiecrafters, I asked that they be narrowed to 3.25” and cleaned.

It appears that they have been cleaned but they certainly were not narrowed and I paid for the tailoring service. Hopefully, this is an oversight.

I have sent an email and left a voice message with Tiecrafters. Let’s see what happens when they open on Monday.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Bobby.....How about wearing that Bolo tie I gave you for christmas in 03?

I was wondering what the heck that was. :biggrin:

Received a very nice phone call today from Andy at Tiecrafters and he was most apologetic and delightful to chat with.

Clearly an oversight and the ties are being sent back at no additional charge to me to be narrowed and they will be sent back promptly.

Kudos to Andy for great customer service and making things right. :thumbup:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
All is well in Tie-land. Received narrowed ties back from Tiecrafters after slight mishap. As always, they did a fine job and it’s reassuring to know that they have attentive customer service.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Who knew that only a few short months later that the world would be turned upside-down.

I think I’ve worn a tie about 4 times since March of 2020.

I wonder if Tiecrafters would consider altering my graphic t-shirts that have since replaced my tie collection as my regular work-wear. 🙄

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Who knew that only a few short months later that the world would be turned upside-down.

I think I’ve worn a tie about 4 times since March of 2020.

I wonder if Tiecrafters would consider altering my graphic t-shirts that have since replaced my tie collection as my regular work-wear. 🙄
Ha ha I’m with you. I’ve worn a tie only a about half dozen times now and admit that with zoom meetings and with wearing a wool vest or jacket it’s been the SAME tie.

I wish I knew about tiecrafters back in the day (they probably weren’t around then) when I had several bespoke suits and ties from my dad that were the worst of 1970s. Wide ties and huge lapels. I had 2 suits re-engineered by two different tailors who charged a ton and ended up botching the job anyway. Ended up donating all of it

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
who charged a ton and ended up botching the job anyway. Ended up donating all of it

Not an uncommon tale when it comes to “re-engineering” suits. I’ve stared at several suits hanging in my closet and thought about re-altering something as seemingly easy as adding side vents to a no-vent jacket but I know I would be disappointed so I leave well-enough alone.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Not an uncommon tale when it comes to “re-engineering” suits. I’ve stared at several suits hanging in my closet and thought about re-altering something as seemingly easy as adding side vents to a no-vent jacket but I know I would be disappointed so I leave well-enough alone.
Ya it was sort of mind blowing to see my dad s old suits were pretty small on me. I remember going with him as a kid to his tailor who had a huge shop with bolts of materials and books. I believe that he made to measure suits. He always ordered paisley lining on the jackets. I tried to locate that tailor all the years later but no dice. Most of the suits were tailored to fit in the waist with no belt loops.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Ya it was sort of mind blowing to see my dad s old suits were pretty small on me. I remember going with him as a kid to his tailor who had a huge shop with bolts of materials and books. I believe that he made to measure suits. He always ordered paisley lining on the jackets. I tried to locate that tailor all the years later but no dice. Most of the suits were tailored to fit in the waist with no belt loops.

You are a good son for trying. :thumbup1:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The reason I started this thread some two years ago was due to the fact that I had a closet full of classically-patterned, beautifully-made, Brooks Brothers silk and ancient madder ties.

The quality of these ties were superb but alas, they were too wide by today’s standards. Rather than trying to replace them with the lesser-quality ties that BB began selling, I decided to revive these ties with a tune-up from Tiecrafters in NYC, the results of which, are well-documented herein.

I recently read that Brooks Brothers is closing its doors as they have declared bankruptcy. Although the brand won’t disappear entirely, it certainly feels like the demise of an era.

I wrote this post over at Ivy-Style.com (wherein I make mention of Tiecrafters) and they were kind enough to feature it as part of a week-long series discussing the closing of Brooks Brothers and it’s flagship store in NYC.

My entry is really about the doors closing on some of the traditions and certain rites of passage that were once associated with this once-iconic brand.

I hope you enjoy it...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The reason I started this thread some two years ago was due to the fact that I had a closet full of classically-patterned, beautifully-made, Brooks Brothers silk and ancient madder ties.

The quality of these ties were superb but alas, they were too wide by today’s standards. Rather than trying to replace them with the lesser-quality ties that BB began selling, I decided to revive these ties with a tune-up from Tiecrafters in NYC, the results of which, are well-documented herein.

I recently read that Brooks Brothers is closing its doors as they have declared bankruptcy. Although the brand won’t disappear entirely, it certainly feels like the demise of an era.

I wrote this post over at Ivy-Style.com (wherein I make mention of Tiecrafters) and they were kind enough to feature it as part of a week-long series discussing the closing of Brooks Brothers and it’s flagship store in NYC.

My entry is really about the doors closing on some of the traditions and certain rites of passage that were once associated with this once-iconic brand.

I hope you enjoy it...

I had no idea they had filed for bankruptcy! So sad. Well written piece my friend.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Love me a good tie.

Agreed. Before the pandemic, I regularly donned a tie. Since then, I have worn a tie less than a dozen times in the last year.

That may make those who wore ties to work, ecstatic. I know I sure don’t fall feel that way.

Top Bottom