What's new

Tie Clip/Tie Tac - do you wear?

I very rarely wear ties anymore, but when I did I almost always wore a tie clip, and sometimes a tie tac. A few years ago at my first day on the job I dressed up. A much younger guy noticed my tie clip and asked me about it. I could sense he thought I was out of fashion, at least for the crowd among his age range.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I always wear a tie clip when wearing a tie. I do have a tie clip with a small chain on it that was my great grandfathers. It slips on your shirt and the tie goes through the chain and when you move around the tie moves through the chain and does not pull off your shirt like some do today. The only problem is that years ago shirts must have thicker as I can only wear it on certain shirts as it won’t stay put on some shirts. It is a great little thing.

I'm in my seventies so I'm hardly a young guy, but I quit wearing tie clips/pins decades ago. IMO they're dated. But if you like it, go for it. Maybe they'll come back. I've still got a bunch of them.

I'm in my seventies so I'm hardly a young guy, but I quit wearing tie clips/pins decades ago. IMO they're dated. But if you like it, go for it. Maybe they'll come back. I've still got a bunch of them.

I am in my mid-50's. I am one of two executive officers in an office of only 12. The CEO only very rarely wears a tie and sport jacket. I, on the other hand, always wear a shirt, tie and sport jacket and occasionally a business suit when I have meetings in NYC. This is force of habit from my prior positions and because I want to make a statement.

I always wear a tie clip. Not because I want to make a statement but because not wearing one allows my tie to flop around, which drives me crazy. For me, a tie clip is all about its function.

Tim

I wear a tie bar with probably 70% of the time. A tie tack not so much, for the same sentiment mentioned before about not wanting to put holes in certain fabrics.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I frequently wear this tie clip and cufflink set that belonged to my Father. It is of little monetary value but means a lot to me. It is one of the very few items I own that belonged to him and I dearly wish it was a razor. I think it looks pretty darn stylish, even if I do not.

20200323_154902.jpg

I always wear a tie clip when wearing a tie. I do have a tie clip with a small chain on it that was my great grandfathers. It slips on your shirt and the tie goes through the chain and when you move around the tie moves through the chain and does not pull off your shirt like some do today. The only problem is that years ago shirts must have thicker as I can only wear it on certain shirts as it won’t stay put on some shirts. It is a great little thing.

I had one like that. It slipped over a shirt button and then you'd put the tie through the chain.

I am in my mid-50's. I am one of two executive officers in an office of only 12. The CEO only very rarely wears a tie and sport jacket. I, on the other hand, always wear a shirt, tie and sport jacket and occasionally a business suit when I have meetings in NYC. This is force of habit from my prior positions and because I want to make a statement.

I always wear a tie clip. Not because I want to make a statement but because not wearing one allows my tie to flop around, which drives me crazy. For me, a tie clip is all about its function.

Tim

Ditto.

Top Bottom