What's new

Tie Clip/Tie Tac - do you wear?

I always wear a tie clip. Not because I want to make a statement but because not wearing one allows my tie to flop around, which drives me crazy. For me, a tie clip is all about its function.
Back in '90s, I wore a tie clip (a gold bar with a square cut black onyx set with the letter "D" in 14K gold script and a diamond in the D's void) that I received as a grad gift from my parents. But, I stopped wearing it because it was fairly gaudy.

However, for the last twenty years or so, I've taken to tucking my tie into my shirt between the second and third button holes. I do this if I'm eating or if I need to keep it from flopping forward if I lean over machinery, a drafting desk, digitizing table, etc.

Some people think it's gauche. I just think of it as practical.

When a tie is required, I have a choice of clip-on or pull-away, in a few colors. I wore a tie clip a few times when I wanted to REALLY impress, but not any more. It's somewhere amongst all my military crap.

I have a brushed silver tie clip that I use when wearing a necktie. I've transitioned mostly to bow ties, though, and while working from home, no tie at all.

I never like the idea of punching a hole through a nice tie...

Not a jewelry fan and i rarely wear ties to work as the lab ruins them quickly..... Maybe if I wore a tie tack they wouldn’t be ruined so quickly!

rmp_tieclip.jpg

Corps tie clip; worn at work, at formal events, and obviously, at RMPA (Royal Military Police Association) functions, all with ties, of course!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I do own a tie clip, but haven't worn it for decades. I have owned a tie pin in years past, but only used it once due to the hole it left.

If I want a controlled tie, it will be with a waistcoat, or I'll wear a bow tie.

Top Bottom