What's new

Ticked at Verizon FiOS - new HD channels

I'm a little ticked at Verizon now. When Verizon installed FiOS a year ago in my neighborhood, I immediately got rid of my cable and copper phone line and got a bundled deal with them for 99.00/month which includes TV with HD content (no movie channels), internet with wireless router and phone service. I've been very happy until now (except with the router, but that's another story).

Just a few weeks ago, they introduced more HD channels mixed in with the current line up. Well, to get those channels, they want to charge 10.00 extra dollars a month. Now that also includes tripleing my internet speed, but I am happy with the speed now and feel the extra 10 bucks is too much as I thought my package included ALL non-movie HD channels. They all of a sudden created this new package when these new channels were introduced, yet on my account, I have HD service. Also, since the ads they had on TV about the new channels didn't mention it would cost anything extra I was really excited about it. Now I'm fuming. I feel like they got their hooks in me and now they feel they can run all over me with extra fees and such.

End rant!

good to know. But as Verizon has my phone, cell phone, internet provider and our DirecTV bundled together, sounds like their normal crud. Our DSL used to be very fast. However, they keep adding more upper tiers. Every time they add an upper tier, those of us paying for basic DSL get a speed reduction. Honestly, I am wondering if I would be better off putting a regular old modem on my router.

Sorry to hear that.... but then again, I would expect the exact same load of bull from Cox, Comcast, and any other cable provider. Pure ripoff.

Luckily, I get "free" cable in my apartment, but when I do buy a house, I'm probably going with the Dish... I've heard at least a little better things about them.

Has anyone here tried out Hulu? A few friends of mine swear by it, but I just haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

You negotiated a service for a payment. You got that, and you're still getting it. Your service hasn't changed, and your payment hasn't changed. I can understand being miffed, but there's a long way to go till you should be hitting fuming.

I'm just waiting until they all move to the "charge per use" model that Comcast started in TX. There goes your internet movie downloads unless you want to pay...and pay I'm sure we will.

You negotiated a service for a payment. You got that, and you're still getting it. Your service hasn't changed, and your payment hasn't changed. I can understand being miffed, but there's a long way to go till you should be hitting fuming.

I don't think you understand what I was saying, when we signed up with them, we were led to believe that any HD channels (non-premium movies) that were introduced, we would automatically be getting them in our package without having to pay any additional charges. The whole reason we switched to FiOS is because of this kind of crap was happening at Comcast, dropping channels in one package to add them to another, more expensive one. The same channels we were getting with Comcast in HD, ie..the Travel Channel, Fox News and others are in this new package and they were promised to be "coming soon" without any mention of an "upgrade."

If you really feel like they intentionally misled you, I'd be more than pissed-- I'd be filing a complaint with my State Attorneys General office.

Top Bottom