What's new

Ti WR2 vs Tibird & Tiback

Start by saying this just my opinion from personnel use, and preference:

I have tried other razors before and have gone thru at least 5 different configurations of WR2’s.

After settling on a WR2 Ti SB 1.25, after going thru at least 5 different configurations, during my first two years of shaving I decided to give the Tibird Polished and second try and to give the Tiback Polished a try.

Let me say that both of these razors are excellent and worth every penny of their cost, also would like to commend @Blackland Razors for their integrity of their return policy and promptness.

I found the Tibird to be very efficient almost impossible to nick yourself with it, if you like a little more blade feel than I do this is the perfect razor for you.

I found the Tiback to be very smooth and pretty efficient, it pairs great with a Feather blade.

For me my WR2 Ti SB 1.25 combines the best of both of these razors very smooth and very efficient I can use it daily or after 3 days of growth it makes no difference, end result is an incredible smooth and efficient BBS shave.

I like variety in my soap and brushes, but I am completely satisfied using this razor over and over.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks to B&B members for all of your input over the last 3 years, here is to the next 3.

Doug

Excellent thoughts Doug, I have to admit I figured you would prefer the WR2 overall due to your long history with it.

There is one caveat for me when comparing the razors - the WR2 is more blade dependent for me than the Ti DBack and Blackbird (Timor for WR2).

All great choices that shave different enough that someone could justify any or all three.

Have a good Sunday evening!

Excellent thoughts Doug, I have to admit I figured you would prefer the WR2 overall due to your long history with it.

There is one caveat for me when comparing the razors - the WR2 is more blade dependent for me than the Ti DBack and Blackbird (Timor for WR2).

All great choices that shave different enough that someone could justify any or all three.

Have a good Sunday evening!
You are absolutely correct my friend, I prefer the Timor, can use a Perma Sharp, if using a Feather I definitely need to do only a single pass no buffing.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've only tried one complete titanium razor. I didn't care for the balance.... That's why I passed on the Paradigm Ti Diamondback... It looks lovely.... I like the design, etc., but I prefer a balance tilted towards the razor head. I guess I've adjusted to that feel as I've been using Timeless Ti Crown handles with various SS razor heads. For bronze razors, I use one of the hollow 90mm Wolfman 3/7 handles I have. That gives me the same balance I enjoy.

Doug, I did enjoy your review of these 3 fine razors. I do wish I was more like you in that regard. I have some excellent razors but I like variety in razors. Part of my enjoyment is choosing a razor on a whim. I have to say, I have purposely avoided totally up the cost of all my razors. I wish I just loved one of them... and one blade. Thankfully, I only have a few blades in any volume.... I started using Perma-Sharps because I saw them with all your SOTD photos, back when that was your blade of choice. I haven't tried the Timors you are using now. The price scared me off a bit. For my one and done routine, they are a bit more expensive.

The rest of my gear is rotated because I don't have too many of them... like brushes, lathering bowls, soaps, etc. Though I did decide recently to 3017 my open soaps.. one at a time.

I've only tried one complete titanium razor. I didn't care for the balance.... That's why I passed on the Paradigm Ti Diamondback... It looks lovely.... I like the design, etc., but I prefer a balance tilted towards the razor head. I guess I've adjusted to that feel as I've been using Timeless Ti Crown handles with various SS razor heads. For bronze razors, I use one of the hollow 90mm Wolfman 3/7 handles I have. That gives me the same balance I enjoy.

Doug, I did enjoy your review of these 3 fine razors. I do wish I was more like you in that regard. I have some excellent razors but I like variety in razors. Part of my enjoyment is choosing a razor on a whim. I have to say, I have purposely avoided totally up the cost of all my razors. I wish I just loved one of them... and one blade. Thankfully, I only have a few blades in any volume.... I started using Perma-Sharps because I saw them with all your SOTD photos, back when that was your blade of choice. I haven't tried the Timors you are using now. The price scared me off a bit. For my one and done routine, they are a bit more expensive.

The rest of my gear is rotated because I don't have too many of them... like brushes, lathering bowls, soaps, etc. Though I did decide recently to 3017 my open soaps.. one at a time.
I completely understand, we like what we like, have a great day my friend

I think I'm going to have to dig out one of of my Wolfman razors now probably be 1.35 SS.
I really prefer the Ti razors though.
I sold off the SS Blackbird but the Ti was a good mix for me. Amazing how much difference a little of weight made in that situation.

I think I'm going to have to dig out one of of my Wolfman razors now probably be 1.35 SS.
I really prefer the Ti razors though.
I sold off the SS Blackbird but the Ti was a good mix for me. Amazing how much difference a little of weight made in that situation.
I prefer the Ti bird to the SS 1.25, but prefer the Ti 1.25 to the Ti bird , but again that may just be me.

Well after a couple of rounds with the Wolman wr2 1.35,1.45 and Ti 1.55 the 1.55 still hits the spot better. I was sure hoping that had changed for me.
Glad Doug got me motivated to take the Wr2's for some shaves.
Makes it more interesting!

What's next? Lol

Top Bottom