What's new

Thursday Boots

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Just ordered 2 pairs of seconds, President in brown and Captain in Neutral. Sale ends today. $50 off each pair.
I'll let you all know how they are in, hopefully, a couple of days or so.

My wife just got me a pair for my Birthday this past Monday. I got a pair of the captains in brown. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with them and not disappointed at all.

I tried to take advantage, but alas they were sold out of the size I needed. I have a pair of Matte Black Captains as well as a pair in Burnt Copper. Both are amazing right out of the box. I got the same size for both pairs, but it seems the Burnt Copper fit more snug than the Matte Black ones. I also have their chukka style (Scout) in Tobacco. I get a lot of compliments in regards to the Scouts. I was apprehensive about the crepe sole, but it doesn't look like trash yet. I wanted the Moc Toe, but the toe box isn't big enough for my preference and I would likely go with Red Wing for that.

captp

Should be arriving later today. Pics, then I'll try them on. I'll have to stop by my apartment tomorrow to get my Venetian Shoe Cream. I'm sure they're due for a little conditioning. If I really like them, I may order a pair of Presidents in black at full price.

Should be arriving later today. Pics, then I'll try them on. I'll have to stop by my apartment tomorrow to get my Venetian Shoe Cream. I'm sure they're due for a little conditioning. If I really like them, I may order a pair of Presidents in black at full price.
It's recommended to leave them as is and not to condition them for a couple of months.

captp

It's recommended to leave them as is and not to condition them for a couple of months.
Actually, every reviewer and cobbler I've seen on YT, says it's a good idea to condition most new boots because they may have been sitting in so-so conditions in the warehouse for several months. I'm going with their recommendations. Conditioning leather should never be a problem.

captp

And they're here. The "seconds" marks are fairly obvious, a couple of scratches on the upper of one boot from each pair. Might come out with some Venetian.
A bit shorter than my Ariat lace-ups; one speed hook and one eyelet less on the Thursday's. It will take me a short while to get used to that.
Pretty much a perfect fit, a little snug with the thicker socks I'm wearing today; should be perfect with my normal socks.
The colors are beautiful.
Advice; if you know your true shoe size, as measured on a Brannock Device, order that; they seem to me to run true to size.
If you don't know what a Brannock Device is, remember buying shoes in a shoe store?
220px-Zlín,_muzeum,_Princip_Baťa,_Brannock_měřidlo_pánského_chodidla (1).jpg

0415201146~2.jpg

0415201146a~2.jpg

0415201145~2.jpg

Actually, every reviewer and cobbler I've seen on YT, says it's a good idea to condition most new boots because they may have been sitting in so-so conditions in the warehouse for several months. I'm going with their recommendations. Conditioning leather should never be a problem.
Fair enough. They're your boots. Don't overdo it. I can't condition my boots that way because I bought from the rugged collection.

That scratch can be covered by a good brown wax / cream... I like a comfy toe box , how's the room in yours ?...When I was young most dress shoes had white threads. You can keep them looking good with a toothbrush and soapy warm water, dry with cotton towel , then go over the threads a
pencil.JPG
few times with a China white "wax" pencil. I still have mine from the 60's...

captp

It's amazing what people will throw away or return for the littlest scratch or mark.
Actually, I think they failed initial inspection by Thursday. Pretty sure they aren't returns (but I could be wrong)

captp

Fair enough. They're your boots. Don't overdo it. I can't condition my boots that way because I bought from the rugged collection.
Definitely won't overdo it. Just a little to start
Maybe a second application, but I doubt it.

Top Bottom