What's new

Thuringian Whetstone is this a good one?

Twelvefret: It's not defamation to say that a seller selling an item without a manufacturer's label isn't necessarily selling an item made by that manufacturer. You are way off base there. To prove that they were being defamed, the seller would have to prove that they were selling genuine Escher stones. Good luck with that one. As far as calling out stone performance, I personally would be far more likely to listen to a fellow who has used both types of stone extensively. You admittedly have not...

I think the remark regarding condescension is a bit out of left field as well - I haven't seen any evidence of that in this thread. Someone sharing knowledge that exceeds your own isn't the same thing as condescension. If they do it in a rude manner, yes. But everyone in this thread has just been trying to set the record straight, I think.

BTW, great post Ian. You hit all the bases with that one I think.

Last edited:
Twelvefret: It's not defamation to say that an item without a manufacturer's label isn't necessarily made by that manufacturer. You are way off base there. To prove that they were being defamed, the seller would have to prove that they were selling genuine Escher stones. Good luck with that one. As far as calling out stone performance, I personally would be far more likely to listen to a fellow who has used both types of stone extensively. You admittedly have not...

It’s defamation to claim someone is doing something illegal with no proof. Read their web site. It’s clear they are not selling the new Thuringian stones as Escher stones. How could they. Escher was a distribution source just as TT

Again, you offer no proof. Linking to another persons opinion is not proof or evidence.

There is no confusion for me. The confusion is thinking an you can cite yourself and that constitutes evidence.

To date, there is no evidence having been presented that TT is fraudulent and selling fake rocks.

That opinion is from a guy who lives walking distance from the mines. Has been to the mines personally and has spoken with the miners/distributor. But if you want to call knowing where the mine your stone came from is because you live by it "opinion", then there's really no such thing as a fact in your world.

I think you need to consider just how much experience, discussion and research others have given this subject over the past ten years. There are hundreds of threads on this stone going back years. I'm sorry you bought a stone on bad information, but that doesn't mean the facts change. Your stone doesn't magically become a Thuringian because you call the proven fact of its origin an "opinion" any more than my Gold Dollar becomes a Wonderedge because the seller told me it was one.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where exactly this "proof" is supposed to come from. All we have is the experience of our members who have used both types of stone. Do you propose sending a covert agent in to subvert internal TT documents, or...? :001_302:

Peter is absolutely a source of information I would trust on this subject.

It’s defamation to claim someone is doing something illegal with no proof. Read their web site. It’s clear they are not selling the new Thuringian stones as Escher stones. How could they. Escher was a distribution source just as TT

What they're doing is not illegal, only perhaps unethical. As far as I'm aware, the trademarks are long expired. It's very clear just from the link that was posted that the seller is selling some smaller stones and is calling them "original Escher" stones. The "new" stones they are only calling Thuringian. It's the ones they refer to as "original Escher" but that have no label that folks are taking issue with.

Top Bottom