What's new

Three pucks of Colonel Conk's Amber Shaving Soap arrived today!

Three 2.5 oz. pucks (7.5 oz. net wt.) arrived via the "mail fairy" today. After I finish the puck of Humphrey's Handmade Glycerine Soap (Sandalwood/Patchouli fragrance) I'll begin using Colonel Conk's great shaving soap.

1658794542326.png

Since they are sealed, they'll wait until they're called into service/use. I think that I have made a great purchase that should serve me well into next year.

Nice! I am finishing off my Amber and headed to exclusively Lime for a while. I melt and pour (with menthol crystals that dissolve instantly) into shave stick twist-ups.

I use Col Conk for prep a lot and for full shaves in rotation. I have three lime pucks in reserve.

I like my Col Conk Bay Rum and Lime Cologne-AS as well. Not like the other guys, quite different.

Nice! I am finishing off my Amber and headed to exclusively Lime for a while. I melt and pour (with menthol crystals that dissolve instantly) into shave stick twist-ups.

I use Col Conk for prep a lot and for full shaves in rotation. I have three lime pucks in reserve.

I like my Col Conk Bay Rum and Lime Cologne-AS as well. Not like the other guys, quite different.
How strong is the amber scent on these pucks?

I found the amber scent mild and very pleasant. Every Col. Conk soap I've tried so far have been great. Almond is currently my favorite.

How strong is the amber scent on these pucks?

I would call the amber scent "distinct", closer to mild than to strong. Slightly stronger than most triple milled pucks I've used. It does not dissipate over time, capped in my shave stick twist-up.

If you decide to melt it to pour into a bowl, mug, or twist-up; be aware it will melt very quickly in a microwave. I give mine tiny 5 second increments of microwave time until it just melts.

I would call the amber scent "distinct", closer to mild than to strong. Slightly stronger than most triple milled pucks I've used. It does not dissipate over time, capped in my shave stick twist-up.

If you decide to melt it to pour into a bowl, mug, or twist-up; be aware it will melt very quickly in a microwave. I give mine tiny 5 second increments of microwave time until it just melts.
Thank you for letting me know this. I was planning on melting two pucks at once into my shaving bowl so that I could make the soap last at least three months. (I leave mine out and don't wipe off the thin top layer of lather when I have finished).

Top Bottom