What's new

Three-Piece Thursday

F71FFD20-8BC3-476D-A1FB-1AD5EBA2C4E0.jpeg

Thanksgiving Day / Treet Yo Self Carbon Blade PIF / Blackland Thursday / Three-Piece Thursday / Animal Week / NOCvember

Pre: Topsy Blends Gold & Glowing Raw Honey Cleanser Foaming Face Wash used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Treet Falcon (carbon steel)

Soap: Stirling Soap Company Hot Apple Cider
Brush: Vie-Long Brocha Vintage (brown horse)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Hot Apple Cider
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Considering the holiday I went with the always amazing Stirling Soap Company Hot Apple Cider shave soap and aftershave set. This stuff is spot on and just a wonderfully warm scent prefect for this time of year.

As it's Animal Week, Blackland Thursday and Three-Piece Thursday, I matched up a Treet Falcon blade with the tried and true Blackland Blackbird.

I did a three-pass shave using lather whipped up by my Vie-Long horse brush and had a great time.

A bbs shave was had on this Thanksgiving holiday. What more could I ask for?

Please be thankful today and enjoy your family, friends and/or whatever you're doing today.

Take care my friends, and shave on!

Clear...

Vintage Adjustable April '23

Cream: Barbasol 1919
Razor/Blade:
Head/Face/Neck - Rasoir Revelation Reglable w/ Personna Lab
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Snake Bite
full

When my last DE razor, a Zamak and brass "Butterfly", became so worn after 8 years use that it would nolonger hold a blade steady, I decided it was time for a new razor. Prior to the 'Butterfly' razor, I had a 'name brand' adjustable razor. The 'adjustable' drove me back to 'multi-blade' cartridge razors for awhile. It was not a good experience. Adjustable razors are off my list. JMHO, YMMV.

I knew this time around I wanted a 3-piece razor. IMO, the 3-piece design is simpler and more robust. Key elements of any good design.

I unexpectedly found a stainless steel, CNC machined razor at an affordable price, something I'd been looking for - for a longtime. I chose the RazoRock (RR) Game Changer (GC) and a RR Lupo. All are well-made, 3-piece razors. Fit and finish are outstanding. But, most importantly, they all give me an excellent shave.

I expect these razors will last my remaining years and, whomever they get passed down to, their lifetime, too - maybe, longer?

Good design, never goes out of style.

b/r

ON_1

Last edited:
Top Bottom