What's new

Three new arrivals

These three arrived today unexpected together.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!...

Let's seee... one for a wash with vinegar and shampooing, another one to start breaking in, and a flower to shave with.

Attachments

• $3stoogesn.jpg
    $3stoogesn.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 203
The Tulip looks quite nice. Enjoy.

Perhaps someday I'll actually try one. Especially like the two band.

I just tried the Tulip. It's my first Simpsons 2-band. This is a great brush for face lather. It has great flow through and backbone like M&F 2-band, density of D01 3-band, and softness of Shavemac Silvertip. The bulb shape works well for this knot. And the handle is extremely comfortable. I'm happy it's another unique brush that is not much similar to any of the other brushes I have.

I just tried the Tulip. It's my first Simpsons 2-band. This is a great brush for face lather. It has great flow through and backbone like M&F 2-band, density of D01 3-band, and softness of Shavemac Silvertip. The bulb shape works well for this knot. And the handle is extremely comfortable. I'm happy it's another unique brush that is not much similar to any of the other brushes I have.

nice looking brushes.

that's what i like about your acquisitions...variety. M&F, Simpson, Thater, Semogue, Vielong etc...you mix it up. i'm trying to do the same, but on a smaller scale. :laugh:

you've helped me a lot with my brush questions and purchases...THANKS :thumbup:

I'm still trying to the smell of horse out of the Vie-Long. Two shampoos and a test lather with AOS sandalwood and my bathroom still smells like a stable. But the brush is so soft!

nice looking brushes.
that's what i like about your acquisitions...variety. M&F, Simpson, Thater, Semogue, Vielong etc...you mix it up. i'm trying to do the same, but on a smaller scale. :laugh:
you've helped me a lot with my brush questions and purchases...THANKS :thumbup:

Thanks, Bruce. I really enjoy all my brushes for the different experience they give me and have fun using them - soft or scritchy, stiff or bloomy, etc.

I'm still trying to the smell of horse out of the Vie-Long. Two shampoos and a test lather with AOS sandalwood and my bathroom still smells like a stable. But the brush is so soft!

Mine didn't smell too much. The smell's almost gone after shampooing first, then vinegar and water for about 15 minutes, again shampooing, and then surprisingly good test lather with TRS cream. It's really soft with good backbone.

Very nice! Love the hair on that Tulip, just gorgeous!

I'm curious to hear your impressions on the Vie-Long. Please let us know your thoughts once you've used it to shave.

First off, excellent choices and variety of brushes Secondly and lastly, I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the T3 Super 2 Band! The 2 Band Simpsons, for me personally, just provide a wonderful balance of all the wonderful qualities I enjoy in a brush. thanks for sharing and enjoy!

This is killing me because I really want one of those BullGoose horsehairs. And while I'm there I really need a puck of DR Harris Arlington and some Musgo Real A/S splash.

I used the stallion last night with my new GFT Eucris. I love the brush (and the cream). It doesn't stink anymore. It made great lather. It's soft if I don't use much pressure. It has very strong backbone, so if I try to mash it against my face, it feels prickly. But I don't do this with any of my brushes in general. IMO horse brushes are made for 'painters'. The handle is very comfortable for face lather. I don't think it's going to work very well in a bowl but I have to try it. I want to put the stress again on the importance of the used water. Horse brushes are different than badgers and boars in respect to water retention and release. If you're not familiar with them, it's easy to use too much water.

Top Bottom