What's new

Three FREE bottles of Venture - contest!

I'm in. Being from Denver, baseball has always been a tough sport for me to fall in love with. The Rockies are objectively one of the worst teams in the MLB, but for some reason I have a certain affinity for them. The 2007 World Series was really exciting for me when the Rockies went head to head with the Red Sox in their first WS appearance ever. We lost of course (4-0) but it was still one heck of a good time.

I'm in. Mine was when I played baseball as a kid. I managed to hit a perfect bunt sending the ball right along the line to third base. However, every time they tried to throw it in to tag me out they overthrew the ball allowing me to make it all the way to the home plate. Everyone was cheering for me, but the umpire ruled that I was out because I accidentally stepped on the plate when I made my perfect bunt. It was a huge let-down, but serves as a great memory.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm in. Mine was coaching. Every game was fun and memorable when coaching little league baseball!

Fondest memory is 4 years in little league ball.

Thanks for the generous PIF Scott.

I hope that all who join in this PIF enjoy your products and become long standing customers

118258.jpg

Time to close this contest, will post the winners in a moment but first my baseball memory. It is the mid-sixties and somehow my dad gets tickets to see the Minnesota Twins play the New York Yankees in Minneapolis. Dad drives up there with his two boys, explaining we are going to watch Mickey Mantle play and he just might hit a home run. Our attention spans were not great but when Mickey was up he made sure we were paying attention. On that day Mickey struck out but it was great to not only see him but to have some father/son time too.

Winners-are-1.jpg

Random.org has selected our three winners! They are:

DesertJake

cw62803

sliwolf

Congratulations to the winners! If you are one of the winners please send your address to: [email protected] and we will get your free bottle of Venture aftershave on the way to you!

~ The Captain

Hey thanks for the PIF captain.

I enjoyed reading lots of fond memories.

Congrats to the winners!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm in.

1969. Atlanta Braves. My friends and I went to every home game and sat in right field because the seats were a dollar, and the view was great. We became acquainted with all the regulars in right field and enjoyed the great Hank Aaron who played right field and hit home runs. Our exciting, very talented team won the division, the race being very hotly contested, and went on to the playoffs only to lose to the Amazing Mets.

My favorite memory: Working in a retail store and waiting on Hank Aaron, several times. He was a very humble and private gentleman, so I never made any fuss at all over him, but I enjoyed being of service to him and getting to know him just a little bit.

I'm not 100% on this part of the memory, but I believe he sometimes purchased from me one of my old favorites, Old Spice, either the cologne or the aftershave. We had both. I know for sure I waited on him at the counter where the Old Spice was sold. This was the old Old Spice back when it was really, really great stuff.

Happy shaves,

Jim

P.S. Oops, missed the cut. Still, thanks for letting me remember and share.

Top Bottom