What's new

Threaded replacement Glock 19 barrels

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've been eying a Lone Wolf Alphawolf G19 barrel. Mainly so that I can shoot lead reloads, but I also would like the option of suppressor use someday? Anyone have experience with these or other brands? My G19 is a Gen3, (I think). Anything to look out for?

LW are OK, the old ones made in Korea , now in the US.

L2D makes a good one

KKM (good)

Zev is good, too.

Now everyone and their cousin seems to make one.

I had 2 Korean LoneWolf that were off, one exchanged by glockstore (nice) the other one , port3ed in some shelf
AND Wilson Combat, they sent me one that was absolute garbage, I wasted $ trying to group w different weight ammo, sent them pics and got a new one; this new one seems OK

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I had a Lone wolf in my old g34, ran good. Long as heck lol.

+1 My kids got me a LW in .357 Sig quite a few years ago on a Father's Day for my G23. It's a great barrel. I don't shoot alot of Sig .357, but when I do it's very fun and very accurate. Makes me look good. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Good to know. I can get a Lone Wolf and a mini comp for the price of the ZEV, which would be an awesome choice as well.

Late to the party. I have a drop in LW in .357 Sig ( for my Glock 35 in .40 cal) to shoot with a client agency. An absoluter tack driver of a barrel.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I went ahead and splurged for a ZEV Pro Match barrel and the Griffin Armament Micro Carry Comp. Perhaps I should have waited and done more research, but I think my selection will serve me well.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
This all begs the question, why wait for a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS if a ZEV RMR ready slide is available now? Hmmm.....

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
There are a couple of options. The cheaper option is not available at present:

New! ZEV SLDZ193GDUTYRMRBLK Duty RMR Stripped Compatible With Glock 19 Gen1-3 Black N Gun Make: Glock, $16.50 Off w/ Free S&H - https://www.opticsplanet.com/zev-sldz193gdutyrmrblk-duty-rmr-stripped-compatible-with-glock-19-gen1-3-black-n.html?_iv_code=1UZ-PSL-

Fancy schmancy option available now/soon:

Of course there would also be the expense of a parts kit and sights to complete the upper.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I finally shot my ZEV replacement barrel with some lead bullet reloads last week. Holy smoke! Literally, it was like shooting a black powder firearm. I've never experienced that much smoke shooting lead bullets before and I've shot a lot of them. Rapid follow up shots were impossible. I'll have to come up with another reload formula for sure. These were assembled using Bluedot powder, which can be a little smokey, but I think think it was mainly the bullet lube. the bullets in question were "Precision Hard Cast" and had an orange colored lube. Otherwise, the barrel functioned fine, but I really couldn't comment on accuracy as compared to the stock Glock barrel.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I finally shot my ZEV replacement barrel with some lead bullet reloads last week. Holy smoke! Literally, it was like shooting a black powder firearm. I've never experienced that much smoke shooting lead bullets before and I've shot a lot of them. Rapid follow up shots were impossible. I'll have to come up with another reload formula for sure. These were assembled using Bluedot powder, which can be a little smokey, but I think think it was mainly the bullet lube. the bullets in question were "Precision Hard Cast" and had an orange colored lube. Otherwise, the barrel functioned fine, but I really couldn't comment on accuracy as compared to the stock Glock barrel.

This is what I am curious about. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
This is what I am curious about. :)
I was shooting at a plate rack, no target to review for hits, and the smoke was problematic. Next time out I'll shoot some plated bullets at paper and see If I can discern any accuracy advantage.

Top Bottom