What's new

Thread to show collection?

thanks all for the welcome! I have a question.

A huuuge shaving collection was brought in. I believe it was the contents of a shaving museum. I'd like to start a thread to show off some of the pieces since some seem to be quite rare. Unfortunately i cant sell any of the pieces, but realize that even photos of some razors are hard to come across, so i'd like to help preserve the history in a way.

There is literally everything shaving related you can imagine. Some are once in a lifetime type pieces, adverts, etc.

Is this type of thing allowed on here? If so, where might i post such a thread? I guess i could make separate threads in SE razors, DE razors, etc. Thanks for your time!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics are always allowed. Since you're not selling anything, there should be no issues. I'm really curious to see what you've found!

I'd just make a thread in the General Shaving Discussion forum. It covers everything, so no need to break up into different threads.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Welcome to B&B, Chris.

As KJ said, you can start a thread in GENERAL to cover the whole spectrum of items, or you can start a thread in each of the subforums (STRAIGHTS, BRUSHES, SEs, etc...) to highlight that specific type of shaving item. Either way, everyone loves pics of shaving stuff, especially if it's things we might not have seen before.

Welcome to the club, Chris. Glad to have you aboard. Feel free to post all you want, within the terms of usage, of course.

Welcome aboard! We love photos!

If there is a huge amount of stuff, you could consider splitting the photos into groups, then posting on the appropriate forums: brushes, blades, razors, etc.

An easy way to do it will be to post the images to a site like " postimage.org " , then all you have to do on the forum is post the hot links so we just click and go to the photos at a photo sharing site.

Ive been away for over a week without power after Hurricane Irma hit us directly. Luckily no razors were harmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom