What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Thread Moved?

Don't expect a courtesy. Also, don't complain if you don't want your account closed. Real talk.
Yep.
We will be reduced to
So how’s the weather? And such

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been deleted.

"Medical advice is the provision of a formal professional opinion regarding what a specific individual should or should not do to restore or preserve health. Typically, medical advice involves giving a diagnosis and/or prescribing a treatment for medical condition.

Medical advice can be distinguished from medical information, which is the relation of facts. Discussing facts and information is considered a fundamental free speech right and is not considered medical advice. Medical advice can also be distinguished from personal advice, even if the advice concerns medical care."

This is a quote from Wikipedia, if it is false, please someone correct me. We all know that Medical advice is prohibited on this site, even though I can't find it in the rules-TOU(if so please update the TOU) , I might have missed it, in which case I apologize in advance.

So the question is- Is medical information permitted? Where is the line between Medical advice and Medical information? Who decides it?

But are any of them trained professional medics/doctors or would they be guessing based on their knowledge which might be insufficient?

There are simple rules like- "Don't curse!"
And when someone uses a swear word, they break the rules.

With medical advice/information, it is much more complicated, because to competently judge "Medical Anything" and give an objective verdict on whether it is appropriate or not, I think being a certified nurse/doctor/medic/etc. is required!

MyOldKentuckyHome

Contributor
But are any of them trained professional medics/doctors or would they be guessing based on their knowledge which might be insufficient?

With medical advice/information, it is much more complicated, because to competently judge "Medical Anything" and give an objective verdict on whether it is appropriate or not, I think being a certified nurse/doctor/medic/etc. is required!
I think the moderators have enough sense to determine what crosses the line. My guess is the best policy is “don’t even get close to the line”

This isn’t a medical information or advice site, it’s a shaving forum.

I think it's best to allow freedom of speech.
Could it be that forum owners don't want people to discuss secrets of shaving industry?
I think it's a form of censorship. When there is censorship or when you are punished for talking about something, that's your new research topic.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!

Any posts seeking medical advice or giving medical advice will be deleted at Moderator discretion. Moderators don’t need a PhD to remove posts/threads that violate the Terms of Use. We may not have every single violation defined in the TOU but we don’t need to and frankly...don’t have time to.

Comply with the requests of the Moderators. That statement is in the Terms of Use.

If you would like to discuss this further please send me a message.

I posted a thread where I evaluated Stirling soap scents and wrote my reviews of the scents, but it looks like my thread was removed from the site.

The thread was "Sandy's scent sampling story: Stirling soap"

My intentions was to allow new wet shavers to get a better understanding of some of the soaps available. For example 42 from B&M or Margarita in the artic by Stirling. Both of the soaps are vague in description and can be complex. I wanted to save users the trouble and help them see what each soap is like.

My plans were to go from one soap brand to another and eventually profile everything to the best of my ability.

I'm just confused on why my thread was removed from shaving soap and moved into the "Stirling syndicate" thread.

If it feels a bit like an advertisement for a product sometimes it can be moved to an alternate location so that it can still be read and enjoyed but maybe not in the forefront of the site. In this case because it was dealing with just Stirling it went to the Stirling Syndicate location. If it had dealt with many different brands it might have gotten moved to Clubs and Brotherhoods section.

I was still working on the other brands. I tried to leave out any form of advertising, but I know it's all perspective. I'm just trying to figure out what I did wrong specifically so I don't get any more of my threads removed.. I'd still like to do this series of I can

BigFoot

Androgynous Pistoleer
I was still working on the other brands. I tried to leave out any form of advertising, but I know it's all perspective. I'm just trying to figure out what I did wrong specifically so I don't get any more of my threads removed.. I'd still like to do this series of I can
You did not do anything wrong. The thread was specifically about Stirling so it was moved to their club thread. That is why those threads exist.

Yep, if you participate and post long enough, eventually one of your posts will get moved for one reason or another. It's a right of passage. Congrats! :)