What's new

Thoughts on the RazoRock Eco

I have just acquired one of these. Blade loading is easy and precise, (much easier than a R48). I tried it first with a Polsilver Super Iridirum, it wasn't a smooth shave. I thought a sharper blade would give better results, so I tried a Feather Hi Stainless. It was much better.
I have a RazoRock Hawk V2 as well. I use Schick Proline P30s in it.
Does the ECO shave as well as the Hawk?
Probably.
Is it as smooth a shave?
Probably not. Though with more practice it may improve.
Is the ECO cheaper than the Hawk?
not really.
Are the blades cheaper?
Comparing P30s to Feathers, a bit.
Is the ECO Cheaper than a Hawk V2?
Not really.
So whats the ECO for? I believe its function is to convince shavers that using one is cheaper and more ecologically sound than using a multi blade disposable razor.
For me it's a chance to experiment with DE blades in an SE razor without spending too much money.

I have just acquired one of these. Blade loading is easy and precise, (much easier than a R48). I tried it first with a Polsilver Super Iridirum, it wasn't a smooth shave. I thought a sharper blade would give better results, so I tried a Feather Hi Stainless. It was much better.
I have a RazoRock Hawk V2 as well. I use Schick Proline P30s in it.
Does the ECO shave as well as the Hawk?
Probably.
Is it as smooth a shave?
Probably not. Though with more practice it may improve.
Is the ECO cheaper than the Hawk?
not really.
Are the blades cheaper?
Comparing P30s to Feathers, a bit.
Is the ECO Cheaper than a Hawk V2?
Not really.
So whats the ECO for? I believe its function is to convince shavers that using one is cheaper and more ecologically sound than using a multi blade disposable razor.
For me it's a chance to experiment with DE blades in an SE razor without spending too much money.
I bought one a couple of weeks ago thinking I could use it to go through the 1300+ half blades I have for my shavette and I hate the bugger. It feels like it's trying to peel my face off and nothing I do changes it. I will be off-loading it at some point. I hear the Focus Dynamic R50 SE Razor is getting good reviews. May have to look into that and see if it will be a better shaver.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago thinking I could use it to go through the 1300+ half blades I have for my shavette and I hate the bugger. It feels like it's trying to peel my face off and nothing I do changes it. I will be off-loading it at some point. I hear the Focus Dynamic R50 SE Razor is getting good reviews. May have to look into that and see if it will be a better shaver.
Is it that bad?

Is it that bad?
For me yes. I tried several different blades, angles, handles etc and from the first stroke to the last my face felt like it was on fire which lasted several hours. I usually shave in the evenings when I am in the shower but had to switch to mornings as it kept me from sleeping. I gave this every chance I could as I was keen on having it but unfortunately it isn't for me.

For me yes. I tried several different blades, angles, handles etc and from the first stroke to the last my face felt like it was on fire which lasted several hours. I usually shave in the evenings when I am in the shower but had to switch to mornings as it kept me from sleeping. I gave this every chance I could as I was keen on having it but unfortunately it isn't for me.
Sorry to hear that. Which one did you get? Color wise?

The black. I prefer much longer handles on my razors so my freshly minted aluminum handle actually complemented the black head of the razor quite well but the original is back on now.

The black. I prefer much longer handles on my razors so my freshly minted aluminum handle actually complemented the black head of the razor quite well but the original is back on now.
Oh ok well im sorry you had problems with it. I think it sounds interesting.

I thought so too. My nephew is learning to wet shave so I will give it to him to tame. If he doesn't like it I will probably sell it with the many many blades I have. There should be someone out there in the wide blue yonder that will have a home for it.

I thought so too. My nephew is learning to wet shave so I will give it to him to tame. If he doesn't like it I will probably sell it with the many many blades I have. There should be someone out there in the wide blue yonder that will have a home for it.
Good luck.

Those who have had experiences with the focus, is because the blade is not inserted properly. It needs to be correctly aligned. This is from experience! Plus, do not use ready halved blades. Extremely easy and safe to snap a de one in two, whilst it is in the wrapper. There will then be little curved edges which are intended to assist the blade being correctly held in the razor. The blade should be inserted with the curve facing up and the part with the handle slid on top.
Great shaves, close, comfortable etc ECT!

Don't just break them in half, also break the corners, makes them fit even better, as the corners tend to be the problem of fitting, as they can bend a bit :)

I don't get the point of this razor. It's basically half a DE. They didn't even attempt to make the cap similar to a single edge razor.

At least the Focus has more of a rationale to its design- it's meant to be a pivoting razor held against the face, similar to other single edge razors.

I don't get the point of this razor. It's basically half a DE. They didn't even attempt to make the cap similar to a single edge razor.

At least the Focus has more of a rationale to its design- it's meant to be a pivoting razor held against the face, similar to other single edge razors.
All they did was modify the locating pins on the Hawk V2 to take a 1/2 DE blade. I contacted IB (they claim to be enthusiastic with wanting to hear about new things, ideas etc) about some modifications to make the razor a more mild and user friendly shaver and I was told they had sold thousands and I was the only one to complain about it.

All they did was modify the locating pins on the Hawk V2 to take a 1/2 DE blade. I contacted IB (they claim to be enthusiastic with wanting to hear about new things, ideas etc) about some modifications to make the razor a more mild and user friendly shaver and I was told they had sold thousands and I was the only one to complain about it.

A single edge razor should have a head more like this:

proxy.php

or this

proxy.php

That allows you to do things like control the blade exposure more vs. a DE. You can get a very mild shaver with that style of design.

That may be true but the eco is more for people just coming from old cart razors and would be and is great for things like if you are traveling and only taking a carry on bag on public air flight and all you use is single edge or what not because you would not have to worry about blades because de blades could be easily purchased at your destination and broken in half for use and being so cheap if you had to throw some away because you didnt use them all you are not out very much money..

I think you were the only one that cared enough to contact about it.

I was very surprised, not for the good, about the eco. RazoRock razors are usually on the mild and forgiving side.

I don't mind aggressive razors and used to shave with straight razors for a while.

I found the eco to be harsh and nothing like the smooth ride offered by the Hawk (i have both V1 and V2).

I also don't see how it would work well for beginners as first non-cart razor, it is unforgiving and can yield nicks aplenty.

Top Bottom