What's new

thoughts on proraso shaving stuff?

Only experienced with the green tub soap.
The scent may be an acquired taste I figure and I’m not quite there. I go between “that’s ok” to “ummm...ashtray full of menthol butts?”

Performance wise I feel you get what you pay for with it. It lathers up real nice but seems to have a real small sweet spot between too dry and grabby and too thin with no protection.

it’s fine, it works ok. I wouldn’t recommend it to someone new to wetshaving. I would take it travelling, or would purchase it while travelling for use.

I have many soaps that perform better but Proraso is still fantastic. With that said, I've found it for half off on Amazon and I've found it for a few bucks at TJ Maxx, and I think it's worth what I pay. Wouldn't pay full price for it.

don't listen to the nay-sayers!
over the years, proraso products have all performed great for me!

proraso shaves contact.jpg

A few months ago I bought 3 Proraso creams (white, blue and red) for around 12$ with shipping and really like them. I've got the green soap a week ago from a friend of mine as a gift and it's also nice, but I really don't like the smell and I expected something else, but the cooling effect is nice and I can't wait to use it this summer. For what i've paid i'm satisfied, but if I have to pay 10-15$ for one cream or soap, I would look for something else.

I’ve used everything from proraso
My faves:
Green or white pre shave
Green or blue cream tube
Green or red splashes
Green, white, or yellow canned foam.
vetiver cypress cologne
Wood and spice cologne.

im not crazy about the tubs or the balms. The consistency of the single blade creams was a tad too stiff to use without a bowl.

I like the red cream and the green AS. They are available locally and among the best value choices. Only Nivea is less $$ locally in terms of decent products.

I use the red soap (cheap-good slick lather in the bowl-ok), green cream (dries my skin out) and the yellow single blade cream Wood & Spice (love this one, cheap in large tube here in europe 11€ for 275ml, scent is superb, lather, shaving and postshaving great) I even use it to mix with other soaps i don't like that much.
The red AS splash: scent ok, manly but fades away quickly.

Not super impressed with their soaps, but the green aftershave is where they really shine IMO. I was never really an aftershave guy but happened to find a bottle of their green AS at tjmaxx a while ago and it redefined what shaving was supposed to feel like. Sort of the "happy ending" of the shaving process so to speak. Now the shave is not complete without it. I've still got half of the original bottle and another 800ml waiting in the wings.

Not a fan. Was very glad when it was all gone. There are many others I enjoy much more and many of these cost much less. I'm also a tallow fan.

Top Bottom