What's new

thoughts on proraso shaving stuff?

Proraso is basically Gillette of Italy (the modern-day Gillette, not the pre-Proctor & Gamble Gillette.) Having tried several of their shave products I find them to be cheap and somewhat reliable, but not something I'd go to for a luxurious shave. I got a tube of their red cream last week (first time I'd tried their cream; I'd used the white soap previously and it's reliable and good) and I didn't care as much for it as I did the soap in a bowl. I actually wanted to try their Wood & Spice cologne but it was apparently discontinued.

On the other hand, we have entire aisles of grocery stores filled with hundreds of breakfast cereals that contain variations of the same dozen ingredients, manufactured by an oligarchy of four or five gigantic corporations. This cereal is aggressively marketed using around $500 million of advertising per year. Gross margins may exceed 45-50%. This is what I call stupid progress. It's an example of wasteful, pointless variety that clutters life and consumes people's time and attention for no real benefit.

View attachment 1247614

I think I'll have a nice bowl of generic steel-cut oats. I buy them in bulk.
:laugh:
Well... I have no problem with having 100+ cereals on offer, as I eat none.

I prefer eggs for breakfast and a cup of strong black coffee. 🍳💪☕😋

I think it's a big step up from the regular drug and grocery store "usuals". I'll always have a tub or tube in my den and the cream is the go-to when I travel. Remember travel?
That said, there are others which are a huge step up in luxury and performance for not a lot more scratch, like WSP and Stirling.

I just used the proraso blue balm yesterday and thought to myself, why don't I use this stuff more? it's great stuff, and I'm sure I'll always have some sort of proraso product in my rotation. It's kinda funny that I've been doing this now for a few years, and I've burned through two tubs of green, one tube of white and a tub of the red. I've burned through a bottle of red after shave splash, white balm, and lots of the pre shave. HOWEVER I have never used the green aftershave.........might be time to order a bottle once I crank through some other stuff. Kinda sad that green splash is such a staple in this community, and I have never given it a go.

I really like the stuff I have tried. Red shave cream, green aftershave and my favorite azure lime aftershave. The scent of the azure lime is for me the best smelling I have tried. The glass bottles of the aftershave a pretty cool in their own right.

Their white shaving soap is my savior at this point in my DE shaving journey. Out performs the creams I’ve tried and has been agreeable with my extremely sensitive skin. I’ve found it between $6.99-$10 for a container and I’d say it’s absolutely worth “the money” over some of the more expensive products I’ve tried thus far.

M

mtcn77

I really like the stuff I have tried. Red shave cream, green aftershave and my favorite azure lime aftershave. The scent of the azure lime is for me the best smelling I have tried. The glass bottles of the aftershave a pretty cool in their own right.
Hi, I bought it with your help coupled by some other users that suggested Azur & Lime. I couldn't have been happier.
I bought Tabac Original also along side it and coupled together they smell even nicer. One is hot, the other is heavy. Together they are a fresh essence with such a wide and unending note.

I have the red cream and aftershave as well as the green soap in my den.

I like the eucalyptus scent and cooling effect of the green. The scent and post shave feel of the red is nice.

So I would recommend giving proraso products a try, if they peek your interest.

Top Bottom