What's new

thoughts on proraso shaving stuff?

Wife picks up tubs for $2.50 where she shops. Works for me. Like the green aftershave though pricey for my budget.

I like Proraso white. My favourite. I dislike the green. I am neutral towards the red and blue. But i haven't tried the new formulas yet.

They are good for adding variety and for the cheap price. But they leave behind a sort of white powder on the razor and brush, which is annoying. Other cheap creams don't do that. I don't know why Proraso does it. Proraso works. Is it my favourite cheap cream? No.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I used Williams Mug Soap and Palmolive soap sticks and essentially nothing else for decades. When I discovered Proraso in 2008 I was smitten, and the green soap became my fancy Sunday shave soap for 5 years or more. I still think it's special stuff. I've tried none of the newer one blade creams, but the red, white, blue and green are still among my fave soaps/creams. And the green splash... always a 400ml jug on hand. And the balms, particularly the white and blue- are really outstanding.

I've only tried the red and white soaps. They were fantastic! I love the scent of the red. It also provides an excellent shave. The white, though, is even better. While it's not as fragrant as the red, it provides a slight cooling sensation.

Best of all, I pick up Proraso at TJ Maxx and Marshall's for $2-$6. At these prices, it is a fantastic value, IMHO.

Proraso is a very decent workaday soap. Not great, not bad, but a solidly good soap in a hobby with tons of amazing soaps to choose from. Even among low price options, you've got top-shelf performers like La Toja and Arko to contend with. I have a tub of Proraso Red, and I use it from time to time, since it's a pretty good soap and I like the smell, but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to recommend it to people.

I've only tried the red and white soaps. They were fantastic! I love the scent of the red. It also provides an excellent shave. The white, though, is even better. While it's not as fragrant as the red, it provides a slight cooling sensation.

Best of all, I pick up Proraso at TJ Maxx and Marshall's for $2-$6. At these prices, it is a fantastic value, IMHO.

The white is the most skin calming of them all. It is like having an aftershave inside the soap. Otherwise they all work, since they all foam well.

First one I tried was red soap
And i found soap for life
I don't even want to try any other soap
20210404_093002.jpg

I tend to like others more but they make good products.
some notes

soaps perform very well
Scents are always a bit synthetic to my taste especially on the soaps so most of them were binned before empty

pre shave cream works better as an asb for me if I use it as pre shave it actually gives a rubberized shaving feel instead of a smooth glide

I use the asb and as because good after feel and smell.

favorite smell is wood and spice followed by red. And those are the ones I would replace.

there simply is much more out there better smelling and performing.

You are most probably right
But when I find thing I realy like, I tend to stick with it for a lon log time

There are always some products that will always remain in your rotation. But you will try many more. Myself, i don't care about trying everything out there. Just enough to have some variety. If you like Proraso Red so much, it will probably become one of your stable products.

There are always some products that will always remain in your rotation. But you will try many more. Myself, i don't care about trying everything out there. Just enough to have some variety. If you like Proraso Red so much, it will probably become one of your stable products.

That’s what happened to me.
It’s my wife’s favorite scent and I like it too. I’m about to 3017 the Proraso Red, Cella, and Schafmilch.
The Red will be the first to be replaced.

Top Bottom