What's new

Thoughts on Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi

I managed to get my hands on a sample of this. I was excited to try it after smelling the bottle. I love black pepper and had high hopes. Howerver, as soon as I sprayed it on my wrist, I knew I was going to be dissapointed. This isn't really about pepper, but nutmeg. The nutmeg is overpowering from the initial spray all the way past dry down. Getting past the somewhat confusing top notes, it becomes quite sweet as well. Too sweet for me. It makes me smell like Christmas potporri. Maybe I just need to try this again in the winter.

Someone on basenotes stated that it smells like a spice rack. I can understand that.

My wife likes a lot of what I try, but she absolutely hated this one. Another good reason to pass on it.

The presentation of the sample is one of the nicest I've seen. A full 2ml in a glass atomizer, placed inside a handsome box.

I had this cologne for awhile until I sold the bottle. It did not sit well on my person. Nevertheless, a friend of mine wears it everyday and it smells great on him. Go figure.

S

Sam

Ill tell you a line you guys need to try: Serge Lutens. I am craving a bottle of Fumerie Turque.

Sam

S

Sam

Moi? Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque is a smokey and rose sort of scent. Lutens is some of the longest lasting, as it is an eau de parfum. Fumerie is not available in the US at present other than on ebay, if it comes up. A bottle of 1.7 eau de parfum will be $92 or $120 depending on how it is priced at Barneys

Sam

:eek: a little too steep to go into it blind. there is very limited availability of high end scents in milwaukee for now. maybe this will be different once the macy's opens? :scared:

s~s

S

Sam

Call up Barneys in New York. Or join basenotes.com and try decants.

was in paris beginning of july...went to serge lutens...smelled em all...they were right there...fumerie turkque was alot like ambre sultan which i own...settled for encens et lavande instead of gris claire...all in all a marvelous experience....a wild place to go to also...serious and museum like...personally i keep going back to 3rd man by caron...its the dope!

Top Bottom