What's new

Thoughts on Parker Varient

I think it is a great razor. I have the Rockwell 6S, the Parker Variant and just added the Razorock Gamechanger .84 to the rotation. I love them all, equally.

The Parker Variant a good, solid and durable razor. It's made in India and is inexpensive. It's a heavy weight and has a slip proof handle. It resembles the Merkur Progress slightly, but it doesn't quite have the refinement of the Gillette and Merkur adjustable razors. It has a utilitarian appearance, though it is a good shaver. The numbers on the dial are hard to read without reading glasses. Overall, I rate it highly.

Last edited:
I like mine; the Merkur Progress may be slightly smoother, but that's debatable (and the Variant has a better/more grippy handle). An excellent razor in my humble opinion, and the best one Parker's come up with.

The Variant was my first DE razor and I used it exclusively for a year before discovering vintage razors and Rad set in. I wanted an adjustable so I would not get stuck with something too aggressive. I set mine on 2.25 and left it there. Its a great razor with one drawback for me - he head is thicker than any razor I own and it is impossible for me to get the whiskers under my nostrils.

great razor for these troubled times when you might not shave for extended periods as the high settings are great for mowing through longer tough stubble like my own then turning down for subsequent passes.

nice and smooth when paired with the appropriate blade - not the supplied parker blades, I just can't get away with them

Top Bottom