What's new

Thoughts on Ettan Snus

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've started to really like loose snus, but I've only tried General Loose at this point. Snus Central currently has a 15 cans for the price of 10 sale. I'm tempted to scoop it up while I can. The only issue is, I haven't tried Ettan. So, those who have tried both Ettan and General Loose, how do they compare?

It lacks the complexity of flavors that General has. It's tobacco, water and salt...and that is exactly what you taste. It does have some chocolatey notes to it but it's simple and elegant in it's own way. I like Ettan personally and it's a good loose to have on hand. That's just my two cents...as always YMMV....

General is flavored with bergamot, while Ettan is not, it's more of a basic no frills snus, with hints of chocolate as Jim said above. I love it and use it frequently. Some say it's the best that Swedish Match has to offer. You can't go wrong with it, honestly.

I didn't like it at all. I actually ended up throwing a couple cans away.

It it was extremely plain, and the little bit of flavor that I tasted just didn't appeal to me in the slightest.

I liked General much better for a traditional tobacco flavored snus.

I thought Oden's Extreme was a pretty good traditional flavored snus too.

As stated, Ettan is a salty tobacco taste. I tried it in los form for a change of pace but prefer others.

Thanks for the input, guys! Ettan is definitely going to be in my order, but I think I'm going to hold off on buying 15 cans of it until I know that I like it. Snus Central's samplers and Bags 'O Snus seem like a good way to go. So far I'm planning to order the following. At $4.49 a can it's more than I'd like to spend per can, but I'll chalk that up to the cost of trying a bunch of stuff so that I can minimize my per can price on future orders.

• Goteborgs Rapé Loose
  • Grovsnus Loose
  • Ettan Loose
  • General ONYX Strong Portion
  • Bag O’ Snus (10 cans)
  • Swedish Match Strong Snus Sampler
    • General Extra Strong Portion
    • Nick and Johnny Original Edge Portion
    • General ONYX Strong Portion
    • 12 Fresh Mint White Strong Long Lab Series Portion
    • Grovsnus Strong Portion
    • Nick and Johnny Crushed Ice White Xtra Strong Mint Portion