What's new

Thoughts on CeraVe Face Wash?

I usually switch to Cetaphil or something light for summer face washing, but got tired of the whole non-foaming thing, and the scent (I strongly prefer non-scented face washes). I heard that CeraVe was a better product, so I picked up a tiny bottle of their Foaming Face Wash outta the travel/sample bin. Hello! Really a nice, light, foaming unscented wash! $14.00 for a 16oz pump bottle, which I have not bought yet, but may. How does it stack up for you all? Anybody have any irritation from it?

I have used it and like it. However, I usually use Neutrogena Liquid Facial soap since my wife uses that one.

I use the regular face wash. Excellent. Light soothing moisturizing no scent. Particularly good for acne prone skin due to its non clogging ingredients and niamidicide. They are also my moisturizer of choice for the same reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually switch to Cetaphil or something light for summer face washing, but got tired of the whole non-foaming thing, and the scent (I strongly prefer non-scented face washes). I heard that CeraVe was a better product, so I picked up a tiny bottle of their Foaming Face Wash outta the travel/sample bin. Hello! Really a nice, light, foaming unscented wash! $14.00 for a 16oz pump bottle, which I have not bought yet, but may. How does it stack up for you all? Anybody have any irritation from it?

Is it harsher than Cetaphil?

Alot of mild cleansers don't really foam up for me and my hard water. My Barbasol pre-shave doesn't, for instance.

I see parabens in Cerave cleansers ingredients.

It's a wash off product. Unless your skin is sensitive to parabens, I don't see it as an issue. Many products still contain parabens because they are effective preservatives with a low rate of sensitivity. That a few are weak estrogens agonists in vitro shouldn't automatically discount them from use, and it certainly hasn't disuaded most governmental regulatory bodies from their general usage in consmetics and toiletries.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I use CeraVe Moisturizing Cream as an Aftershave Balm.

Works absolutely GREAT.

At least with the Moisturizing Cream, I do not believe there are any Parabens in the ingredient list.

Top Bottom