What's new

Thoughts on an Muhlke R41

I will see how MH face takes to it; if it hurts or my face does not agree I can always sell of PIF it.

It might take a few tries. Try both steep and shallow angle as it can make a big difference one way or the other.
Hopefully you have success with it - it really gives great results!
Good luck!

Been using the R41 Grande, been through 3 of them, normally last about a year before they break in the same place, the screw thread just snaps, Im an engineer and I know how not to overtighten.

I keep going back as its such a great shave and cheap, run with a Gillette blue or 7'oclock. Been on the fence about the expense of the other top open combs as it seemed that good, now some are not available, choice in uk is always poor anyway.
No more, just ordered an Ikon 104 to try, prefer an open comb but will see, if not it will an ATT H2.
Echo others on the R41 handle, its not as grippy as you would like.

My usual setup is the ATT H1, but now and then I get out my 2013 R41.
Once you have tamed it, the R41 is a great razor to use. It is also, in my opinion, a nice looking razor.
If Muhle ever manufactured a stainless version, it would be a best seller.

My usual setup is the ATT H1, but now and then I get out my 2013 R41.
Once you have tamed it, the R41 is a great razor to use. It is also, in my opinion, a nice looking razor.
If Muhle ever manufactured a stainless version, it would be a best seller.
Could not agree more.
Steve

The R41 is fabulous however I can't use it daily. I tend to save this razor for a Monday shave as it is removes all weekend facial hair. I found when using it every day though my skin became semi raw. Another option though is Pearl makes a generic razor with the same aggressive style head. The reason I mention the pearl is the handle is textured in such a way that is has never slipped out of my fingers once.

I've never had a R41 or other Zamack razor snap the threads off been wet shaving traditional 15 years. Just noticed 1st deterioration on plating of a Razorback Boss head this week but threads are fine. Love the R41!!! I also Have Stainless razor doesn't cut whiskers any better.

I have a 2013 R41. It's my favorite DE. I find it to be a smooth shaver once you find the right angle. I use either a Lab Blue or a Gilette Platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom