What's new

Thoughts after first shave with MdC

How does SV hold up against MDC?

Better, except the ease of lathering.
MDC lathers (at least to me) in the blink of an eye (especially with a well hydraded boar or badger) whilst SV will need a little more time.
On the other hand SV (4.3 base) performs better, especially in terms of glide and post shave feel. Honestly with SV I have to use alum block on fingertips to be able to stretch my skin.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
How does SV hold up against MDC?

For me, MdC beats SV by a hair but I can understand why people would say the opposite. How I would break it down:

Saponificio Varesino is a little more skin nourishing and just as slick, maybe mildly more slick but harder to lather.

Martin de Candre is a little bit more thick/protective and easier to lather, doesn’t have the moisturizing post shave properties of SV.

I have had more issues with irritation using SV than MdC since for me MdC has better cushion. Overall, though, they’re in the same league and not terribly different.

Overall, if you use any sort of moisturizer for your skin or have oily skin I feel MdC is the better soap. If you just follow with a splash and get on with your day or if you have dry skin you might have better luck with SV.

Top Bottom