What's new

Thought toilet paper was criminal gouging?

Been looking for this forever. Thought I got lucky on Amazon. No such luck...
BE151E1E-CE65-4D19-B5B2-31B786719228.jpeg

I have had Louisiana Gold. It is indeed a good one. My all time favorite though is
Crystal Extra Hot (red label).
The Old Bay sauce is kind of a grail thing. Even my kin in Maryland have yet to see it in the wild.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I have had Louisiana Gold. It is indeed a good one. My all time favorite though is
Crystal Extra Hot (red label).
The Old Bay sauce is kind of a grail thing. Even my kin in Maryland have yet to see it in the wild.
Crystal is very nice. The Old Bay I've never seen and didn't even know it existed and I'm a pepperhead.

These days Amazon is a Godsend. Being on mandatory quarantine the ability to have commodities dropped at your door counts for a lot. Because we live in the hills, many other vendors don't offer that service. Hell, we can't even get a Domino's pizza delivered here😖

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
These days Amazon is a Godsend. Being on mandatory quarantine the ability to have commodities dropped at your door counts for a lot. Because we live in the hills, many other vendors don't offer that service. Hell, we can't even get a Domino's pizza delivered here😖
Do you get that stuff by drone?

Nah. A drone around these parts would not be well received. Lotta moonshine stills (and other hotbeds of illegal doings) are commonplace...as are their shotgun toting owners.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Nah. A drone around these parts would not be well received. Lotta moonshine stills (and other hotbeds of illegal doings) are commonplace...as are their shotgun toting owners.
Bootleg drones, thats an idea. Although, moonshine is heavy so I'll order mine by helicopter.

If they're gouging me then I don't want the delivery. I will get it elsewhere.

Sometimes Amazon or Ebay sellers will raise prices when they are out of, or very close to being out of, stock in a means to deter people from purchasing. Most will skip it but if someone is dumb enough to buy one at a crazy high price then they'll certainly sell it to you. Not sure if this is the case in this situation or not.

Amazon is not always an inexpensive place to buy things,

I normally pay 24.00 at full price and 19.99 on sale - which I usually can find somewhere.
I rarely find a good deal on something I'm after on Amazon.
A lot of that price has to do with it being in Canada. It is really costly (and rare) to ship the aftershave into Canada.

I'm like 99.99999% sure that both USfoods and Sisco carry the 64oz'ers of that stuff. Talk to a friend who works in a kitchen and ask them to order it for you. Right now a lot of bars and restaurants are acting as grocery stores (selling sysco/usfood groceries) to help stay afloat. Call a couple and inquire if they can add a jug to their order.

A place with a rawbar is probably a good idea, as they might have ordered it in the past and have an idea of cost.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member

Y'all still use outhouses in your part of the Country, don't you? :001_tongu

A lot of that price has to do with it being in Canada. It is really costly (and rare) to ship the aftershave into Canada.

Normally it is sold for 24.99 in Canada.
Many times I can get it for 19.99 Can. so its not the shipping. Its gouging. I'm buying from small business guys who would not have the same buying power as Amazon either.

I'm like 99.99999% sure that both USfoods and Sisco carry the 64oz'ers of that stuff. Talk to a friend who works in a kitchen and ask them to order it for you. Right now a lot of bars and restaurants are acting as grocery stores (selling sysco/usfood groceries) to help stay afloat. Call a couple and inquire if they can add a jug to their order.

A place with a rawbar is probably a good idea, as they might have ordered it in the past and have an idea of cost.

What are you referring to here?

That Old bay hot sauce. It's sold in restaurant size jugs (64oz) via restaurant suppliers. If the 5oz bottles are selling for $30 and you want it, just reach out to someone ordering for a restaurant and get the big jug for ~what the little ones are selling for on amazon.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Normally it is sold for 24.99 in Canada.
Many times I can get it for 19.99 Can. so its not the shipping. Its gouging. I'm buying from small business guys who would not have the same buying power as Amazon either.

The product in the link posted isnt sold by Amazon or Col. Conk.

Col. Ichabod Conk Amber After Shave Cologne by Col. Ichabod Conk: Amazon.ca: Beauty - https://www.amazon.ca/Col-Ichabod-Conk-Amber-Cologne/dp/B0012ZKDTA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=col+conk+amber+aftershave&qid=1586304357&sr=8-1

Screenshot_2020-05-08 Col Ichabod Conk Amber After Shave Cologne by Col Ichabod Conk Amazon ca...png

Notice under the Buy Now button: Ships from and sold by FGP, which I would assume to be a reseller.

Amazon.ca Seller Profile: FGP - https://www.amazon.ca/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A2EUQ1WTGCTBG2&orderID=&seller=A1CRK49PNIZNNS&tab=&vasStoreID=

Top Bottom