What's new

Thought I was a cream guy...CELLAlleluia

Thanks to everyone on this forum that recommanded Cella. Like title says I thought I was a cream guy (tobs, etc) until I try this.
First when you open The brick it feels like youre opening some fancy cheese, exact same paper. Then you smells almond paste and all you want is eat it.
I tried it in my scuttle. Amazing fluffy marshmallow lather that gives the ultimate cushion with residual slickness perfect for short strokes.
Like someone said when I mentioned I added the kilo in a cart, I could have stopped there.
If someone starts a month of cella after arkos August, Im in. Cheers IMG_20200714_201640.jpgIMG_20200714_201645.jpgIMG_20200714_202405.jpgIMG_20200714_202909.jpg

Last edited:
Super, I havent tried Stirling but have 2 in the mail 🙂
I love the post shave feel of Stirling and MWF better than Cella. The reason I rank Cella over MWF is the ease of making a lather. But between Stirling and Cella the rankings are based on post shave feel and scent options with Stirling edging out Cella on post shave feel and all the scent options

Yeah thinking about getting the bigger box next time i order. Think it is somewhere around 35$ but it's huge.
Anyone know if their aftershave and balm is good also?

Totally worth it. But next time I get the big kilo box I’m thinking about getting some empty tubs to put it in
If you need soap tubs seriously think about looking on ebay at antique sugar bowl's with lids and creamer sets. Beautiful stuff going cheap cheap. Some of it made in the early 1900's

Thanks to everyone on this forum that recommanded Cella. Like title says I thought I was a cream guy (tobs, etc) until I try this.
First when you open The brick it feels like youre opening some fancy cheese, exact same paper. Then you smells almond paste and all you want is eat it.
I tried it in my scuttle. Amazing fluffy marshmallow lather that gives the ultimate cushion with residual slickness perfect for short strokes.

Regardless what it smells like . . .

Last edited:
Like someone said when I mentioned I added the kilo in a cart, I could have stopped there.
If someone starts a month of cella after arkos August, Im in. CheersView attachment 1125706View attachment 1125707View attachment 1125708View attachment 1125709
Yeah, it's awfully good soap. I like (among other things) the fact that you can get it a bit thicker without it drying up completely. Some soaps are so on the edge between perfect and either easily getting too wet and not offering any protection or getting too dry and getting pasty and messing with the glide of the razor. But Cella is just so easy to use. You get perfect thick slick lather with quite a wide range of water - and if it starts getting a little on the thick side, a few drops of water on the brush and you're back in action. And for God's sake it just keeps producing lather. I could do four full passes (three and a chaser) and still squeeze a full pass worth's out of the brush and it's not like I overload. That's just a normal Cella Brick-soap result. It's not my favorite scent, but it's good and it's not a scent that gets old - so maybe in the final analysis it's an ideal scent and I just need another 20 years using it to realize that. I've heard that it has all natural ingredients and so it can go off after years. I don't know if that's true, but in any case, I keep my brick in the freezer and hack off a sliver when needed.

Top Bottom