What's new

Those small omega boar brushes. Are they any good?

Guys, I've already gotten 3 small omega boar brushes already. I like the feel of boar and they do hold lather well albeit more hungry than my synthetic.

I do indeed love my Omega 40033 Mighty Midget.

I just recently discovered (thanks to Al @AimlessWanderer), and purchased, the Omega 10051. It comes with either a green or orange handle (I like BRIGHT). I'm positive that this is the same great knot that's used in the Mighty Midget (it certainly has the same dimensions, and feel).
View attachment 898868
And the unusually shaped handle (for me at least) is superb! This is my current shaving brush love affair which has pushed my Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band to the side (for a while...).

Very inexpensive with shipping from Connaught (they have the best shipping prices period). About $7 to USA with shipping. Throw in a puck of Wickham 1912 while you're at it, and maybe the R41 head.

proxy.php

I like the green, too. I think the knot has got to be the same as the Mighty Midget until demonstrated otherwise. Thus it is a small and yet large brush. Short but wide.

Nice one, Cal.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I just got this chunky Chubb today. It does not have the backbone I'm looking for. My beehive 10810 is stiffer than this.

it's not a bad, uncomfortable brush per se but I was hoping it'd be stiffer.

I just got this chunky Chubb today. It does not have the backbone I'm looking for. My beehive 10810 is stiffer than this.

it's not a bad, uncomfortable brush per se but I was hoping it'd be stiffer.
After further use of the 10051, I like it very much. But although the knot and loft dimensions appear to be exactly the same as the 40033 Mighty Midget, it's a very different brush.

The Mighty Midget still reigns supreme as the brush with ultimate killer backbone (IMO). I'm guessing that its knot is set deeper than the 10051's.
upload_2018-9-21_17-4-19.png

Omega boars don't bloom much (thankfully IMO). But my 10051 has bloomed noticeably more than my 40033 (and the 40033 has seen much more use).

After further use of the 10051, I like it very much. But although the knot and loft dimensions appear to be exactly the same as the 40033 Mighty Midget, it's a very different brush.

The Mighty Midget still reigns supreme as the brush with ultimate killer backbone (IMO). I'm guessing that its knot is set deeper than the 10051's.
View attachment 914061

Omega boars don't bloom much (thankfully IMO). But my 10051 has bloomed noticeably more than my 40033 (and the 40033 has seen much more use).
Too bad I could not find the 40033 here. On hindsight I would have gotten the 10018 or 10077. I love the handles on these two since i have one in synthetic.

Also it makes very very little sense for me to get small omega boar from Connaught because they are way cheaper here and there's no shipping charges.

Price range from $3.50 sgd for the 10099 to $6.50 sgd for 10018/77/72/810, 13522, bigger bambino.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

View attachment 914061

Thanks for that, Cal. It is good information.

MightyMidget.0-Rings.640.6-18.JPG

The Omega Mighty Midget is indeed mighty.

I added O-Rings to mine.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom