What's new

This Tuesday is FAT Tuesday

Does this mean that Catholics can't use tallow based soaps from Ash Wednesday until Easter? ;-)
The best part of Lent is abstaining from meat. Its a real sacrifice to give up burgers and hotdogs to eat smoked salmon, grilled swordfish, mussels in garlic & white wine, or a beautifully broiled filet of sole. Bring it on! I love asceticism!

Actually, the official practice of the Catholic church today is abstinence every Friday all year round. The Bishops in the US obtained permission to relax that except during Lent, IF a person substitutes some charitable act...the point of it all of course is to discipline our sensual appetites and sensitize us to the needs of others, and realize our own inordinate (and sinful) proclivities.

Now, pass that platter of seared Ahi Tuna this way please.

Guess I'll join in on the madness. Have only used the fat once so far. But with the new super dense epsilon can't go wrong.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Happy Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday)!

Broke out the MWF this a.m.; hadn't used it in months. Other soaps with scents have pushed it out of rotation, but it's back this week ...

MWF provides superslickness; almost hard to rinse. Its clean, neutral scent is a good baseline for what shaving soap should be. Any one soap can get boring after a while, but you won't rotate the Fat out because it isn't doing a good job.

Red Tip - Polisilver - Sem.830 - MWF - Danish EdV Fougere and out the door.

AA

I thought it was Tabac Tuesday and I've heard and read on Google a lot of people say it's Tabac Tuesday :blink::blink:

It is Tabac Tuesday, except when it is Fat Tuesday, day before Ash Wednesday, then it is MWF Tuesday...only comes around once per year.

So, gentlemen: What is the shave on "ASH WEDNESDAY": May I suggest, if you have it, The Blades Grim Smolder...

It is Tabac Tuesday, except when it is Fat Tuesday, day before Ash Wednesday, then it is MWF Tuesday...only comes around once per year.

So, gentlemen: What is the shave on "ASH WEDNESDAY": May I suggest, if you have it, The Blades Grim Smolder...

I have a sample of Through The Fire Ember. Would that work?

Started out in the shower with "the FAT" bath soap while my Truefitt & Hill brush soaked. I toweled off and face lathered with "the FAT" shaving soap. This was my second time with MWF and both times I found it to be easy to lather, giving a rich, slick and comfortable shave. Did 3+ passes & finished off with Myrsol K. Nice near-BBS. Face feel afterwards is nice, but I don't think quite approaches the moisturizing of Mystic Water or Strop Shoppe for me.
Maybe I'll use my sample of Savon des Volcans tomorrow (You know, volcanoes = volcanic ash = Ash Wednesday).

Top Bottom