What's new

Fenix Lights and Lasers on our Lizard Tongues.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Let us know if it helps making longer, slower headshots any easier then just the iron sights?

I would hate to explain to a Grand Jury how I had time to take aim and drop a guy with a head shot at 40 yards.

@BigFoot
You are pretty close to validating a concept I have referred to for quite some time when the topic veers to to the "quality" of trigger feel in pistols designed for personal defense applications. But I refer to the Gospel of Luke-4:24

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
@BigFoot
You are pretty close to validating a concept I have referred to for quite some time when the topic veers to to the "quality" of trigger feel in pistols designed for personal defense applications. But I refer to the Gospel of Luke-4:24

But how do you feel about a laser on a Chicken Liver?

It appears that most people ignore the basic reason for having a laser -- those instances where you can't see to aim. And aim you do, even if "point" shooting. Tests have shown that point shooters see the firearm in their peripheral vision and align it based on that view. If it is dark, or if you have just entered a dim area from the bright sunlight, the most that you will see, if anything, is a blur, particularly if you are middle-aged or older. However, you will be able to see that bright dot quite clearly.

Someone made the comment that he saw more inexperienced shooters than experienced with lasers on the range. Gee, could the fact that the range is brightly lit have something to do with that? I turn my laser grips off during a normal range practice session, so you would never know that I am an experienced shooter (50+ years) with a laser unless you get close enough to see the small bump at the top of the grip.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It appears that most people ignore the basic reason for having a laser -- those instances where you can't see to aim. And aim you do, even if "point" shooting. Tests have shown that point shooters see the firearm in their peripheral vision and align it based on that view. If it is dark, or if you have just entered a dim area from the bright sunlight, the most that you will see, if anything, is a blur, particularly if you are middle-aged or older. However, you will be able to see that bright dot quite clearly.

Someone made the comment that he saw more inexperienced shooters than experienced with lasers on the range. Gee, could the fact that the range is brightly lit have something to do with that? I turn my laser grips off during a normal range practice session, so you would never know that I am an experienced shooter (50+ years) with a laser unless you get close enough to see the small bump at the top of the grip.

Good post. Being an old school guy myself, I still use a flashlight in my left hand when I am doing any night shooting, using the “Harries Technique.”

This technique is the old school way of putting the back of your hands together while holding a flashlight and your pistol.

I’ve noticed how many of the young officers today with lights attached to their pistols, still never take advantage of shooting at the round hotspot portion of the light that is projected on their target.

Works almost as well as a laser opinion. I know someone will come along eventually and read this and attempt to say that I’m saying to use the light as an aiming reference and not the sights on the pistol.

So I will go on record now to circumvent that and say, that is not what I’m saying. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good post. Being an old school guy myself, I still use a flashlight in my left hand when I am doing any night shooting, using the “Harries Technique.”

This technique is the old school way of putting the back of your hands together while holding a flashlight and your pistol.

I’ve noticed how many of the young officers today with lights attached to their pistols, still never take advantage of shooting at the round hotspot portion of the light that is projected on their target.

Works almost as well as a laser opinion. I know someone will come along eventually and read this and attempt to say that I’m saying to use the light as an aiming reference and not the sights on the pistol.

So I will go on record now to circumvent that and say, that is not what I’m saying. :)
I immediately got what you were saying.

This obviously makes you "old" too!

Doesn’t everyone still do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator

That's all it to pique my interest ...

Interesting website!

Better info here:

AA

Top Bottom