What's new

'This Smells like That'

Yeah... right? I tried this stuff and immediately thought of L'Occitane's Vetiver, though it is different it has the same feel to it.
Really? Norwegian wood is sweet vanilla sandalwood. Not a bad scent. Doesn't last long but I enjoy it.
L'occitane Vetiver is earthy woody, opposite end of the spectrum from Norwegian wood. Eau de baux is more similar to NW than L'Occitane Vetiver. Encre Noir is more similar to L'occitane vetiver. There is no vetiver in Kanon Norwegian wood

Nice to see some positive comments about Norwegian Wood. I enjoy wearing it on occasion. I don't get any vetiver either.
Tried the other Kanon once, and it was terrible IMHO.

IMO Ilum Dean Fresco does match the opening of Aventus - pineapple minus smoke, but that's where it stops. It also doesn't last as long as Aventus - not even close at 7 sprays of Fresco to 1 spray of Aventus. But at about 12x cheaper you could afford to keep a decant with you and reapply as needed ;)

--

Last edited:
Just picked up a bottle of Pecksniff Professional Lemon, Cedar and Amber ASB and it smells very similar to Body Shop White Musk for Men, maybe a little more cedar now that it is dry.

Last edited:
For my wife she prefers New York Knights its a imitation of Dakkar i used it in my 20's and just found it again it had great staying power.

I came here to say that TOBS Jermyn St = Dunhill Desire; but I see that a few people beat me to the punch! Those scents are similar enough to me that I wouldn't be sure I could tell them apart in a blind test. I think Dunhill Desire is in turn very similar to Boss Bottled. Admittedly, I don't own Boss Bottled, but I think they're at least superficially similar.

I've had Lomani AB Spirit Silver for a while, because it was reported to smell like Aventus. It smells great, and I've gotten many compliments while wearing it, but I'd never actually tried Aventus, so I didn't know for sure...until today. Just got some samples of Aventus so I could take them along when I travel, and the Aventus and Lomani are unbelievably close. I'm guessing the Creed will last longer, but the Lomani is no slouch, and under $30. Wow.

Paris Hilton Just Me smells ALOT like Acqua Di Gio
Mont Blanc Individuel smells extremely close to Creed Original Santal (many cannot discern the difference)
Insurrection Pure II smells close to Creed Aventus but less smoky and a tad more fruity

Years ago I had L'Homme EDT by Roger & Gallet. Had forgotten all about it until I recently encountered Musgo Real Oak Moss and couldn't remember where I had smelled something similar. Bothered me for nearly a week; I went through every fragrance I've ever owned (as best as I could remember them) and decided it was probably L'Homme that I was remembering.

Please don't tell me I'm off the rails with this as it will cause me to obsess about it again.

I haven't personally sniffed Christian Dior's Fahrenheit for Men but many say that Brut Dominant Locion (a pretty strong aftershave that I feel is the best scent Brut ever produced) resembles Fahrenheit.

Top Bottom