What's new

This Parker has me stumped!

My vintage Parker pen ran out of ink. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to open it up to replace the refill cartridge!

20221003_095205.jpg
20221003_095234.jpg

The pen has a click rather than a twist mechanism. The pen was used by my father for years and years so I would hate to mothball it.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Tim

The top will unscrew counterclockwise. It's probably stuck because your pen is a Parker 75 ballpoint, so it's about 40-50 years old. Take your time and please don't use any tools on it. If you're having a hard time grasping it because the metal is slick, wear rubber gloves if you have them as that will give you a more sticky handle on it.

Thank you Borderboss and Jut, thanks to your suggestions and the video I was able to remove the refill cartridge. I did not have rubber gloves handy but I wrapped a rubber band around the lower half of the pen body and was able to twist the top counterclockwise and off!

The refill cartridge is stamped "PARKER Made in U.S. Medium Ball Pen Refill" and the number "80205". It may sound silly but this might actually be the cartridge my father put into the pen himself, so I am probably am going to hang onto it.

I have a bunch of his old mechanical pencils and more refill lead to last me two lifetimes!

Tim

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Thank you Borderboss and Jut, thanks to your suggestions and the video I was able to remove the refill cartridge. I did not have rubber gloves handy but I wrapped a rubber band around the lower half of the pen body and was able to twist the top counterclockwise and off!

The refill cartridge is stamped "PARKER Made in U.S. Medium Ball Pen Refill" and the number "80205". It may sound silly but this might actually be the cartridge my father put into the pen himself, so I am probably am going to hang onto it.

I have a bunch of his old mechanical pencils and more refill lead to last me two lifetimes!

Tim
Definitely get a new refill and use the pen - keep the old refill for keepsakes. You should use your dad's pen and always remember him when doing so. The refill should be found in any office supply store.

Tim

It's a refill that's still made, so you can get it in office supply stores. You can't substitute Parker rollerball refills, as they're shaped differently.

Have fun with the pen.

I prefer gel ink refills because it’s much more bold and darker. The Parker gel refills I recommend include Parker Quink gel, Uni Jetstream Prime in 0.7, Monteverde Capless Ceramic gel, and Ohto flash dry gel.

Top Bottom