What's new

This must be a record....

We have a 'smart' TV but we're more of a radio listening kinda family. TV gets may be 5 to 8 hrs aweek, but the various radios ,well the kitchen one has been on already since 7am thats early 5 hours already. Bathroom radio again a good hour and so on. I'm not anti TV, I / we just prefer radio.
We also listen to a lot of radio though we also have all the latest streaming/HD TV capabilities. The newer Digital Signal Processing (DSP) radios provide a superior experience even with old style analog signals. It's interesting how many gen Zers (teens/early 20 somethings) are not familiar with stand alone radio receivers beyond what is in an automobile. Most get their information and entertainment through phones and computers now.

Within three days I have replaced both of our TV's. The one in the living room was Sunday and the one in the bedroom today. WOW.
In the olden days, you got a new TV , took it out of the box, plugged it in the wall outlet, put the antennae in and you were ready to watch TV.
The set up on Sunday took me over two hours. One part that took long was that they have changed the screws/bolts for the wall mount from fractional to metric....so off to HD and I was able to find the four needed M8x1.25 20 mm long screws. This really pissed me off as the old TV was the same brand....
Then the set up....took also a very long time until everything was put in (just using the remote and going up/down for all the passwords and other needed inputs. Today was faster as this one just stands inside a cabinet, so need for wall mounting. Still took a good 45 minutes to get everything done.
Miss the old days....
"Miss the old days..." I'm with you my friend.

I use wireless headphones. LOVE those things when I watch my Hallmark Movie Channels doggone!
I use a small bluetooth transmitter connected to the smallish 4k tv in my bedroom so that I can then listen with my Apple Airpod Pros while in bed so my lady can sleep when I want to stay up and watch something.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I use a small bluetooth transmitter connected to the smallish 4k tv in my bedroom so that I can then listen with my Apple Airpod Pros while in bed so my lady can sleep when I want to stay up and watch something.
I have a pillow speaker that I plug into my TracFone to listen to old Art Bell shows from when he was on Coast to Coast AM. I have "tune in" I think. It's an app. LoL, I am SO 21st Century, Baby! Helps me fall asleep. Unless the subject is Aliens or Area 51. Then I get too excited to sleep LoL.

I need to get a life! Or at least borrow one, ha.

I have a pillow speaker that I plug into my TracFone to listen to old Art Bell shows from when he was on Coast to Coast AM. I have "tune in" I think. It's an app. LoL, I am SO 21st Century, Baby! Helps me fall asleep. Unless the subject is Aliens or Area 51. Then I get too excited to sleep LoL.

I need to get a life! Or at least borrow one, ha.
Haha. I'm really into Aliens and Area 51 as well. Don't get me started.

I'm very familiar with TuneIn. I use it to listen to various radio show but mostly "Breakfast with the Beatles" Sunday mornings. My lady usually cooks me a big breakfast then we go for a long walk. We don't want to miss the show so I play it while we walk. Being able to stream radio on our phones is really convenient.

Top Bottom