What's new

This morning's ponderings

1. Why does Stonehaven and Germaine RDF get gunky in my pipe?
2. I forgot how much I like Comoys Cask #2. Gotta reload on that stuff soon!

That is all

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
That Comoy’s No 2 is good stuff! I’m going to dig my jar out tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm..have never tried the Comeys. Perhaps need to address that soon.

I love stonehaven/rdf....i like to let it dry a bit but it does get a bit gunky if i dont get it dry enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1. Why does Stonehaven and Germaine RDF get gunky in my pipe?
2. I forgot how much I like Comoys Cask #2. Gotta reload on that stuff soon!

That is all

Don't have any experience with RDF, but Stonehaven needs to be dried. I cut mine with a sharp knife and rub it out and lay it out under a incandescent lamp for a 1/2 hour.

Don't have any experience with RDF, but Stonehaven needs to be dried. I cut mine with a sharp knife and rub it out and lay it out under a incandescent lamp for a 1/2 hour.
I've never went that hardcore on the drying. Will give it a try.

...I thought this morning this would be a good thread to post AM ponderings. Mine was, I don't like ebay. I just got snipped so should have posted. I Hate ebay...

My days pondrings...

Savinelli 644ks? Yay or nay

Looking at the unfinished one or for 3 bucks more the rossi rusticated model. Or possibly another meer? Haven't found a morta I liked down in my range yet :sad:

My days pondrings...

Looking at the unfinished one or for 3 bucks more the rossi rusticated model. Or possibly another meer? Haven't found a morta I liked down in my range yet :sad:
Naturally, they all sound perfect!

An evening pondering is i forgot all about deadwood tobacco company. A few really good blends, but that deadwood gold......
Gotta make a order

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My days pondrings...

The 644KS is one of my favorite shapes. I have two unfinished and one from the Oriental series. To me, it feels great to either hold or clench. And, they're Savinellis, so they're good smokers.

The 644KS is one of my favorite shapes. I have two unfinished and one from the Oriental series. To me, it feels great to either hold or clench. And, they're Savinellis, so they're good smokers.

Nice! The shape never jumped out at me too much but after flipping through pipe websites I have grown to really like it. I love bent pipes and I'v got plenty of billiard shapes. I like it :thumbup:

My days pondrings...

For me, that shape is only a "Yay" if it has a saddle bit stem. :)

Im so torn :blink:

644ks.jpg

002-577-2601.jpg

Now I see a morta I might could afford... maybe. Anyone have a mr brog lol?

I have and have had a few Mr Brog pipes. They are pretty much what you'd expect for the price they are. Functional, with like an extruded or molded plastic stem. They smoked decently enough, but even in the hand I think Dr Grabows feel better and more solid. Between those three options, my personal choice would be the unfinished, but I have a weak spot for those, of course. lol

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My days pondrings...

What is your price range? Part of the reason morta is higher is due to the cost of the wood, and it is hard to work with. It’s very dense.

What is your price range? Part of the reason morta is higher is due to the cost of the wood, and it is hard to work with. It’s very dense.

I'm thinking somewhere around $150ish. I'll still have to do some saving because of the holidays. May not be able to get one till after the holiday season is over. I can add a little more is needed I guess. Just having an idea how much to save up is helpful. I'm probably going to end up commissioning one so I can get something I like. :thumbup:

MHaven't found a morta I liked down in my range yet :sad:
Try Moretti (bima1960) or PipaCiro (chiricoangelo)on the Bay. I've got 3 Moretti's and they all smoke wonderfully. You can typically get a "Make an offer" pipe for a good deal and many times even ones that are up for bid. @Senshi has/had a few pipes from PipaCiro. In fact Andrew posted a morta by PipaCiro a few years ago? which eventually led me to one of my first pipes being a morta purchase. I'm sure that there are others out there as well.

Top Bottom