What's new

This morning - Best shave of my life!

I was going to write a "back on the wagon" post but this will replace it since I'm so excited. I've been wetshaving again for probably three months and it's been going well, much better than my first attempt last year. Not sure if it was the time off from it or just not being in Iraq, but my form has been coming around nicely and my skin feels and looks light years better. What was NOT happening was great shaves. I settled into a solid routine of 2 passes WTG everywhere, then 2 passes ATG on just the face, followed by some touch up work. They felt good, but were light years away from BBS or probably even DFS. Enough To Get Through The Day Without NCO Attention, maybe.

Today, though... It's day four of using my Merkur 37C, which had been doing a good job cleaning up the super tough areas on my chin but hadn't sold me completely. I popped in a new Feather blade and decided to try out the TOBS Rose I just bought. I'm not sure if it was the effect of the water, which was hotter than I normally use, but holy living crap...I've NEVER made lather like that in my life. The stuff just exploded out of the brush, just the right consistency, and the smell was really wonderful. I never thought I'd be down with the rose scent, but I was just incredibly wrong. The shave was just great, nice and cushioned, and three passes was enough to get the job done with some very light touch up. A little Nivea ASB finished it all off. It's not BBS (I think that's impossible with my beard), but it looked and felt absolutely great, I couldn't be happier! :thumbup1:

Thanks guys! I'm legitimately looking forward to tomorrow's shave and that's NEVER happened before.

I was going to write a "back on the wagon" post but this will replace it since I'm so excited. I've been wetshaving again for probably three months and it's been going well, much better than my first attempt last year. Not sure if it was the time off from it or just not being in Iraq, but my form has been coming around nicely and my skin feels and looks light years better. What was NOT happening was great shaves. I settled into a solid routine of 2 passes WTG everywhere, then 2 passes ATG on just the face, followed by some touch up work. They felt good, but were light years away from BBS or probably even DFS. Enough To Get Through The Day Without NCO Attention, maybe.

Today, though... It's day four of using my Merkur 37C, which had been doing a good job cleaning up the super tough areas on my chin but hadn't sold me completely. I popped in a new Feather blade and decided to try out the TOBS Rose I just bought. I'm not sure if it was the effect of the water, which was hotter than I normally use, but holy living crap...I've NEVER made lather like that in my life. The stuff just exploded out of the brush, just the right consistency, and the smell was really wonderful. I never thought I'd be down with the rose scent, but I was just incredibly wrong. The shave was just great, nice and cushioned, and three passes was enough to get the job done with some very light touch up. A little Nivea ASB finished it all off. It's not BBS (I think that's impossible with my beard), but it looked and felt absolutely great, I couldn't be happier! :thumbup1:

congrats man:c2:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I love how you captured that moment . . . slice of time . . . that is how it happened for me . . . click . . .

Top Bottom