What's new

This Might be the Deal of the Year

IMG_6162.JPG
IMG_6163.JPG
IMG_6164.JPG
Needed a new DE travel razor, one that wouldn't matter much if it got lost/stolen/confiscated, etc. Figured for $6.50 shipped, this might do.
Wow, I guess so!!
I had a Merkur Futur that got stolen. Paid about $70-$75 for it if I recall. Only differences I can see so far is the copy is somewhat lighter...maybe 1/2 ounce or so.
Hopefully it'll work as good as it looks.

It works, but was a novelty to me. Used it once and put it away, not sure where it is now. What I do remember is dialing it to the highest number and not cutting myself because the blade angle is very narrow.

Yeah, that's a steal. It's sold under "QShave" brand too. I 've seen a lot of people who couldn't resist and ordered it and are very happy for what they paid.

Tried it out today.
Astra SP blade.
Set at "3", nah. Boosted it up to "6". Perfect. Clean, smooth, no issues at all.
$6.00 well spent I'm thinking.
However, a proper straight it ain't.

Last edited:
I bought the QShave version, and I get very smooth, comfortable, and clean shaves on 2. I guess that makes me a sissy, 'cause I'm not going any higher! :302:

I hate knockoffs. Don't care how good a copy it is. Merkur(div. of DOVO, based in Solingen) is a good company with a long history. I hate to see knockoffs of a good product selling for ridiculous low prices. A few dollars diff is ok but less than a third of real deal price? China and others are stealing intellectual property, using cheap forced labor, dumping product out there. I understand sometimes the deal seems too good to pass up, but the folks who designed the original are paying for your bargain.

I hate knockoffs. Don't care how good a copy it is. Merkur(div. of DOVO, based in Solingen) is a good company with a long history. I hate to see knockoffs of a good product selling for ridiculous low prices. A few dollars diff is ok but less than a third of real deal price? China and others are stealing intellectual property, using cheap forced labor, dumping product out there. I understand sometimes the deal seems too good to pass up, but the folks who designed the original are paying for your bargain.

I read that the patent had expired.

I don't think of it as stealing...once the patent has expired, the product is fair game. There are innumerable products that come out with a patent, and then once the patent expires, then there are other similar products made. You could argue that it's actually good for the consumer, not only because of lower prices, but it could encourage the original to innovate, improve, or be cost competitive to retain buyers. A monopoly only benefits the holder of the monopoly. Not to mention that it does give consumers options...not everyone can afford a Merkur, or don't feel like they can spend that much, while others are willing to spend the money for the original, or a Feather stainless, etc.

View attachment 805218 View attachment 805219 View attachment 805220 Needed a new DE travel razor, one that wouldn't matter much if it got lost/stolen/confiscated, etc. Figured for $6.50 shipped, this might do.
Wow, I guess so!!
I had a Merkur Futur that got stolen. Paid about $70-$75 for it if I recall. Only differences I can see so far is the copy is somewhat lighter...maybe 1/2 ounce or so.
Hopefully it'll work as good as it looks.
Where did you find it for 6.50?

Top Bottom