What's new

This makes me sad...

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
A neighbor of mine at our apartment complex moved out about two weeks ago. She left her two cats behind. Several neighbors have been feeding them and the office has been called. Abandoning your pets. I will never understand this. Hope they find loving homes.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It's a bit hard for me to wrap my brain around abandoning a pet. The thought would never cross my mind. Our pets have always become part of the family... it would be like abandoning one of our kids.

I did think about selling off our sons from time to time. <eg> evil grin.

A local weekly "patch" newspaper lists local shelter animals every Thurs. So many cute cats that I'd consider adopting if only my wife wasn't allergic. On Mondays NJ.com, the official party newspaper of NJ, also lists a wider spread of potential adoptees.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You’d think the apartment complex would give those people’s name/phone numbers to the animal control people. Should be something they can charge them with.

Legion

Staff member
Playing Devils advocate, we don't know why she moved out. She might have been evicted for not being able to pay rent, and is sleeping under a bridge.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Playing Devils advocate, we don't know why she moved out. She might have been evicted for not being able to pay rent, and is sleeping under a bridge.
Why would you get an animal you have to be responsible for if you don't have a permanent residence? All rentals are temporary on some level. I would starve or freeze to death before my critters would suffer.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Saw a reporter video, but fail to rescue, a kitten trapped by high waters yesterday. Reports are it died.

Later he said he tried to, but he was seen to be bone dry. Liar.

AA

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Why would you get an animal you have to be responsible for if you don't have a permanent residence? All rentals are temporary on some level.

Are you saying that nobody who rents his home, as opposed to owning, should have a pet? What about people who have bought a home and are paying off the mortgage ... they could suffer a life crisis of some sort, not pay the mortgage, and get forclosed upon. Someone who owns his home without a mortgage can still have a hurricane come along and flatten it, requiring an urgent relocation. No home can be absolutely secure ... there is always a risk of that home being taken away, sometimes on very short notice.

Plenty of responsible people rent their homes and look after pets in a loving and responsible manner. As long as they are loving and responsible, the temporary nature of their current abode does not really factor in.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Saw a reporter video, but fail to rescue, a kitten trapped by high waters yesterday. Reports are it died.

Later he said he tried to, but he was seen to be bone dry. Liar.

AA

1664471988556.png

Reporters don't lie ... nope ... they don't ... that's fake news.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Are you saying that nobody who rents his home, as opposed to owning, should have a pet? What about people who have bought a home and are paying off the mortgage ... they could suffer a life crisis of some sort, not pay the mortgage, and get forclosed upon. Someone who owns his home without a mortgage can still have a hurricane come along and flatten it, requiring an urgent relocation. No home can be absolutely secure ... there is always a risk of that home being taken away, sometimes on very short notice.

Plenty of responsible people rent their homes and look after pets in a loving and responsible manner. As long as they are loving and responsible, the temporary nature of their current abode does not really factor in.
Fair enough! With my job I am just used to dealing with the lowest common denominator in people. They always seem to be transient and always have some half starved animal they are dragging along, or leaving behind, on their midnight moves.

Last edited:
Absolutely heart breaking. My wife and I have two little guys and have been working from home most of the pandemic. Now my wife is going out of town for an extended trip to family and I’m going to be going into work one day a week. Just knowing they’re without one of us for even a day makes me feel bad.

Hoping and praying for the best for these two little ones.

Top Bottom