What's new

This just in...!

I just received my new shaving set up. First off, I must tell you all how impressed I am with Italian Barber. The shipping time was less than one week within Canada. I had it delivered to my workplace, and it arrived right on time.

Right out of the box, I was blown away with the smell of Cella. Once I got a closer look (and smell), it was incredible! It really smells good enough to eat! I don't think I will, but I won't lie... it is tempting. This 1kg block will last me for years! I cannot believe I have this to use regularly.

Now the Floid, oh the Floid. It is absolutely exquisite. Talk about a transport back to an old-school barber. Wow! I kept going back to it for a quick sniff just to keep the fragrance in my head. This bottle is going to last me for years... I am so excited, and I will admit that the alpha-male in me feels a little strange being this excited about shaving soap and aftershave. Even my wife gives me a look with a quirky grin when she sees me talking about it before it's arrival. Kind of reminiscent of Jim Carry in the Dumb and Dumber scene where he is practicing his speach to Mary Swanson in the hotel room, "listen to me... I feel like a gitty school boy..." but I digress.

The Omega 627 brush is soooo soft! Wow, this is really impressive. I also appreciate the slight animal smell coming off of the brush. It tells me this is the real deal. I cannot wait to try this, and with the Cella it is sure to be a great experience. Really cool looking handle as well.

I also received my Merkur 38C. What a nice piece of craftsmanship. Very nice, and a little intimidating. I will take my time and enjoy it. I should let you all know that this particular razor design does not fit into the Omega 226 chrome razor/brush stand. The barber pole knob is too wide. Thankfully, Joe at Italian Barber has accepted my request to return it. Again, great service from these guys.

I plan on shaving tonight for the first time after the kids are in bed. I can't wait.

Mark

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B. Sounds like a great set up. Which Floid did you pick up and could you elaborate on the scent a bit? I am looking at picking some up myself and would like to get a little more detailed description from a fresh nose if you don't mind.

I completely understand your fascination with Cella: the first time I opened it, I was really tempted to eat it. Every time I shave, even when I use Proraso, I have to take a whiff of Cella :wink2:

Thanks for all the replies guys. My first shave was, without embellishment, incredible! Just like the tutors described - no effort needed at all. Just allow the weight of the razor to fall down your face. I guess the weight of the Merkur 38C helps with this as well. Wow, it was so comfortable. I could actually hear the hairs being cut, not pulled. Speaking of cut, just one little nick on my neck. Thats it! I need to study my growth outline a little more to get the correct angle. My entire face was BBS for the first time ever! Cella and my new Omega 627 brush worked like a dynamic duo and brought out the biggest and quickest lather I have ever seen... even more than what I saw on the videos! It made my stubble so soft, and it truly was effortless on my first attempt. The smells were amazing too. Cella is now my only soap when at home. Almond-like cherries, but not too sweet. I can't help but visualize the old barber's chair when I smell this stuff. Amazing product. My old $5 synthetic brush and Walmart soap will still probably be used when I travel, but at least I can now take along my Merkur.

The finishing touches were some Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe on a freshly cool-splashed face, followed by some Floid Original. The Witch Hazel worked really well after a cool splash. It moisturized and helped to seal off the little nick on my neck. After a quick pat-dry, I used the Floid Original for the first time, and I bought the atomizer to go with it. I have only heard comments on here about it, but for me, all the positivity still didn't do it justice. Please believe me that I will not exaggerate my comments, but this product is going to make me the envy of everyone else around. Hands down. The first smell of this sent me flying back into my chair at work (I had the shipment delivered to work today). I could not believe it! I made such a noise of disbelief that a colleague came over to see what the fuss was about. I let him smell it and he was blown away too. He wanted to know what it was and where he could get some. I lead him in the right direction. Anyway, after my shave I attached the atomizer and primed the tube. I applied one half squeeze to one side and another half squeeze to the other side. Thats it. Even without a flex-capasiter I was immediately transported to the mecca of manhood. The scent is not of "sport" "waves" or "ocean breeze" that I am accustomed to in the blue and green massed market products. This is truly something very different that I have not ever experienced before. After a few seconds of inhaling this new scent on my face, when I realized this product was mine for a long time, I actually didn't feel worthy of it. Describing the initial scent in my own words would be: A subtly sweet, nutty fragrance with a combination of spices reminiscent of a dark wood. Epic manliness. Old Spice is like the children's version of Floid Original, but doesn't even hold a flag to it. Once the Floid settled in, I went down stairs and sat on the far side of the couch from my wife... purposely. I waited a few minutes, then asked her if she could smell me from where she was, and she said no! I thought, "great! it is not too strong!" because to my nose it was still quite potent. I then moved beside her and asked her what she thought of it. She moved in closer than she normally does and... well, she likes it.

She did say how she liked that it did not smell like Old Spice, her Dad's favourite. She did say it kind of smelt like baby powder! She was also impressed how soft my face was. No real comments on the 'closeness' of the shave in particular, but I guess with all these new products working together, the result is not only a closer shave, but way a more comfortable one and ended up with a softer face with less irritation as well. *****

I am hooked for life.

Top Bottom