What's new

this just bit me! assassin bug?

i think it is anyway..
pardon the photo. i was in bed and as soon as i felt it i itched,, feeling "something" there i scratched and grabbed it. upon doing so, i damaged the hell out of it.

Attachments

• $Picture 001.jpg
    $Picture 001.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 220
  • $Picture 004.jpg
    $Picture 004.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 220
  • $Picture 007.jpg
    $Picture 007.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 220
Yecch. I would advise you to burn your house down, immediately.

Short of nuking the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure you got 'em all.

well, it left a nice size welt on my side. got me at 2:30am and i didnt go back to bed until 3. (i had to look it up) it was an assassin bug. it was about 10mm long.
welt was gone in a day. thing is, i had not fallen asleep before then. didnt fall asleep until 4ish. got a call at 7:15 and was up for the day.
went up north and was up until 3ish, went golfing, tried to nap that afternoon, then stayed up until almost 5. (glutton for punishment) its only once a year.:a17:
had a great time and didnt die.

It looks like a Bed Bug to me. Have you seen tiny reddish brown dots or trails near the piping and seams of the mattress. Look in the creases of the mattress and box springs. Bed Bugs are very good at hiding in both the box spring and mattress. Do you travel? Bed Bugs are usually picked up in hotels and and transported in luggage. There is no association with filth. Many high end hotel have had bed bugs. you can PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Top Bottom