What's new

This IS Wonder Woman!

Megan Gale has officially been cast as Wonder Woman in the upcoming Justice League movie.

I had never seen or even heard of her before (apparently she is an Australian who has made it big as a TV add model in Italy.) I watched this interview the other day and .....well just see for yourself:

megan gale interview

She looks like she was drawn by George Perez!

This is the definition of perfect physical casting but it certainly puts pressure on the producers to find male actors who can still look imposing when they're in a scene with her.

..But usually not that FULL breasted! So much for the wasted, heroin addict look.

That's part of what bowled me over. Not her boobs per se, but the fact that she has them.

What are the odds of finding a six foot tall white woman with long dark hair, blue eyes, curves, boobs, broad shoulders AND a stunning face? I'd imagine she's one of maybe a dozen women on the planet who fits that bill and she has to be the only one with any sort of experience in front of the camera.

No, this is Wonder Woman. Because: she could sure kick my a** and I wonder if she's a woman. (No real woman would wear those shoes with that bag.)

proxy.php

No, this is Wonder Woman. Because: she could sure kick my a** and I wonder if she's a woman. (No real woman would wear those shoes with that bag.)

proxy.php

Not a Project Runway fan, are you? He (yeah) was a contestant this season. :tongue_sm

Megan Gale sure looks the part. I wonder if she's a good actress thou. My pick would have been Lucy Lawless. She did the voice of WW in Justice League: The New Frontier and was great.

Yeah,she looks great, but it's pointless casting if she can't act.
In the recent worst movies thread, I commented how even Jessica Alba's, uh... "contributions", couldn't make Fantastic 4 a decent movie.
Same could happen with this movie.

It's going to be real tough to fill Lynda Carter's boots -- corny 1970s show or not, she's the person everyone thinks of when you say "Wonder Woman".

I'd love to see a Lynda Carter cameo. Damn, she's STILL beautiful and she's almost 60....

Yeah,she looks great, but it's pointless casting if she can't act.
In the recent worst movies thread, I commented how even Jessica Alba's, uh... "contributions", couldn't make Fantastic 4 a decent movie.
Same could happen with this movie.

It's going to be real tough to fill Lynda Carter's boots -- corny 1970s show or not, she's the person everyone thinks of when you say "Wonder Woman".

I'd love to see a Lynda Carter cameo. Damn, she's STILL beautiful and she's almost 60....

Megan Gale sure looks the part. I wonder if she's a good actress thou. My pick would have been Lucy Lawless. She did the voice of WW in Justice League: The New Frontier and was great.

I do hope her acting can legitimize the near perfect match of her face and figure.

Alba is one of the current 'hotties' I don't get (Jolie is another). Her looks don't strike me as extraordinary and, as you point out, her acting is not the reason she gets work.

Everyone loves Lynda. She was and is beautiful. They frankly ruined her costume though, by stuffing her shorts. She actually had (maybe still does) a great backside, but it never showed through the pampers they put under the stars. I imagine it was done to prevent 'fallout/ride up' during action scenes, but still they could have made it less cartoonish.

IMO, Lucy never had the quite the level of facial beauty required for the role, but now she is out of the running on age alone.

New Frontier is at the top of our Netflix queue but it's a "very long wait". I will say that Bruce Timm and the WB animated producers have turned out some of the best screen treatments of superheroes period. Batman/Beyond, Superman and JL/JLU are all well worth watching.

New Frontier is at the top of our Netflix queue but it's a "very long wait". I will say that Bruce Timm and the WB animated producers have turned out some of the best screen treatments of superheroes period. Batman/Beyond, Superman and JL/JLU are all well worth watching.
Oh, its well worth the Netflix wait. While not perfect it was probably the best DC animated movie I've seen (although I really like Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker). Obviously they had to cut out a lot of the subplots. The Absolute edition of JL: NF was one of my guilty purchases last year.

I do hope her acting can legitimize the near perfect match of her face and figure.

Portions of the draft script have been circulated (supposedly real this time as opposed to a hoax late last year), and apparently the WW part is very substantial (read lead character, not eye candy).

Here's hoping Ms. Gale can pull it off.

Yeah, I'm not all that impressed in the looks department. But I have to disagree with one of the earlier posts - Jessica Alba is smoking hot. I don't get Angelina Jolie either (her lips enter the room a good five minutes before she does), but Jessica Alba is, for me, a no brainer. Not all that high on the acting scale, but then, that isn't why she gets cast.

she dostn flip my switch, sorry, theres something about her face, and legs that makes me wonder if the surgeon is responsible for that woman,

Megan had to leave Australia because - having less than average looks - she felt intimidated by all the beautiful women here :smile:

Cheers

Jeremy

Top Bottom