What's new

This is why you shouldn't trust ebay for a shave ready razor!

Here is a link to a fellow who has a razor listed as shave ready and that will pass the HHT. While I'm not an expert when it comes to straight razors, even I can notice a huge frown in this blade. I know when I was first looking into straights I looked at ebay for a shave ready razor. Glad I went with the BST! Thanks to the gentlemen who have bee helping me out. (Wid, Gamma, Neurotopia, and MileMarker60, and all who contribute to the Straight Razor Forums).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Tillots...d=120742555198&ps=63&clkid=925224637113146605

*whistles* I clicked on the link expecting to see a slight frown that could concievably miss! How could you try to sell something like that?

It's definitely not a good blade. If you look closely, you can see the hone wear pattern matches the frown. I think that blade belongs in the bin.

When I click on the provided e-bay link I recive this message:

Whoops! I can't find the page you're looking for.........

is there some problems with B&B again or what.

I thought the curvature of the blade would help with the curvature of the face. I got a nice test shave out of it and figured whoever bought it would too.

Bwah ha haha..... that's not mine.

It passes the one true measure of shave-readiness, the HHT, so it's GUARANTEED to give a great shave.

With a little work, we could probably get a backhoe to pass the HHT.

Legion

Staff member
It passes the one true measure of shave-readiness, the HHT, so it's GUARANTEED to give a great shave.

With a little work, we could probably get a backhoe to pass the HHT.

I say go for it. Stamp a W&B logo on it and you'll get a fortune for a chopper that size.

eBay exSpurt.
Classic example of heavy finger pressure on the middle of the spine.
Just about make a hawkbill knife out of it, hehe.

Top Bottom