What's new

This is why I don't let idiots borrow nice knives

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Forever. No matter what. If you *FIND* a rusty Zippo in a pile of junk they'll fix it. Or replace it more likely.

Which reminds me, I need to send one of mine back and get a pipe insert (also free of charge).

I loaned a guy a brand new Leatherman multitool once at my job. Said he needed to break down some boxes and wanted to trim then etc. I didn't think nothing of it. About a half hour went looking for him. Asked his supervisor where he went and he told "Oh he quit and walked out about 30min ago." I was so mad I could have ate a box of nails then crapped railroad spikes!

A friend of mine loaned a knife to someone on a construction site. The guy was cutting through something with a lot of tar. After realizing that he had gotten tar all over the blade, he went into the tool shed and cleaned it off, WITH A BENCH GRINDER. He then folded it and gave it back to my friend. My friend made him buy it from him at list.

We're taught to share; that sharing's a virtue. But why do we have to be abused while we're being virtuous?

That's so unnecessary and so inconsiderate of the clod.

I have a S&W lockback that I loan out. I got it on clearance at Academy. My good pocket knifes are no loan except for Gunny and he always has his own.

This thread was really helpfull. I'm convinced no one is ever using my knives. I'm amazed how careless people can be, i'm only 23 but like to think I have an old school mentality. I would never misuse another mans tool, and especially lie or cop an attitude if i damaged it.

This thread was really helpfull. I'm convinced no one is ever using my knives. I'm amazed how careless people can be, i'm only 23 but like to think I have an old school mentality. I would never misuse another mans tool, and especially lie or cop an attitude if i damaged it.

Yeah, you're in the right place. Stick around here.

Yes your in a Great place at your age B&B and the Art of Manliness are great sites with tons of old school things to learn that they don't teach at school or college.

Top Bottom