What's new

This is Where they Come from

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have been meaning to take a before picture so you can see what I see
Before you see what I saw :)
I was able too find two nice blanks in this piece
IMG_20190725_111844.jpg

That old maple tree weathered many a severe midwest thunderstorm to yield such beautiful timber. The stress fractures from blowing in heavy winds all those years has paid off. Not that it matters, but do you know exactly what type of maple it is? Sugar/Rock maple is very common throughout NE Ohio into PA but red, silver, and box elder are also pretty common.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
That old maple tree weathered many a severe midwest thunderstorm to yield such beautiful timber. The stress fractures from blowing in heavy winds all those years has paid off. Not that it matters, but do you know exactly what type of maple it is? Sugar/Rock maple is very common throughout NE Ohio into PA but red, silver, and box elder are also pretty common.
She is a Silver Maple.
Most of the wood that I have been using is from one huge branch 45 feet long and 30 inches at the tree, that had several smaller branches that created some crotch opportunitys. The small piece in the picture was from a hollow where it was cut off years ago and let weather in.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They are looking good. It’s interesting to see what comes out of the piece of timber that you started with.

Top Bottom