What's new

This is the best shaving forum!

Hi. I've been lurking around for awhile. I only recently started shaving sort of regularly, I pretty much have worn a beard my whole life. I've probably shaved more in the last couple months than in my previous 56 years. (I also spent a little time in beard forums; I guess I'm that way) So my shaving experience was limited to twin blades, disposables and occasional use of a couple electric shavers.

At some point I decided to track down my father's old safety razor. Turns out it's a Gillette Fat Boy circa 1967. Looking for information on the internet- google lead me here; reading blade reviews and razor reviews and such. And of course that lead to more accessories and supplies. Which lead to SE blades, and razors for them, which lead to me acquiring 3 GEM razors (a featherweight, then a push button, and a 1912 'Parade' fat handle) and I'm sure I'll add more. (I have some sort of collecting disease, or just spend too much time wasting money on the internet.)

And once again today, looking for opinions/reviews of Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream scents (a buddy recommended), the internet once again lead me back to Badger & Blade. I'm always glad when my internet searches lead me here because of the wide and varied experience and knowledge here, useful opinions, shared reviews and the well documented history of all things shaving related (including photos!) that are found on these pages. And everyone seems nice here too, an added bonus-

So I just thought I'd say "Thanks!" and "Hi", which I rarely do. This is truly the best shaving related forum I've found. (now, I'll go back to lurking around) Ciao!

Welcome! Drop by 'Micromatic Monday'. It's all GEM and ASR razors and it's all days of the week, so the thread name is perfect. So post!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I pretty much have worn a beard my whole life. I've probably shaved more in the last couple months than in my previous 56 years.
That’s my story and I’ve jumped into the deep end. I can’t explain why, but I did and am quite happy about it. We deserve to be happy, enjoy and welcome!

Shaving should be a pleasure, not a chore.
You'll find all the members here are true gentlemen, except for the $*@#& forum monitors.

Top Bottom